Insurance / Signature Confirmation options : Added - version 1.5.4.1

Started by jabrein, October 05, 2012, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

Maybe this exists and I haven't figured it out yet....

What I would like is for an option to give greater flexibility as to whether Insurance & Signature Required is set for Shipments.   We sell products that range in price from $2 up to several thousand dollars.

Currently, within Store Settings >> Default Value for Shipments -   You can only have the following variables set for Insurance & Signature Required:
Always
For Domestic
For International
Never

What I would like to see is a 5th option, listed like "Shipment Greater Than $XXX.XX"    and then allow the User to define what GT Dollar Value to automatically add insurance and/or Signature Confirmation to.

Unfortunately, currently about half of our orders require Insurance and half do not.  This feature would give us greater flexibility in automating our Order Processing.

David Johns

jabrein,

This capability has been added in beta 1.5.4.1, which is now available for update.

After installing the new version, go to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Shipping" tab.  If you change the default insured and signature required settings to "Based on Limits" the min and max fields will light up and allow you to set a min and max.  Then when you add items, change the price of items or set a new declared value for the shipment the insured and signature required options will turn on or off based on these limits.

Try it out and let us know whether or not it works for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com