Custom columns : Added - beta 1.5.4.1

Started by rrg211, February 27, 2012, 04:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrg211

I would like a custom column that I can add to the open order view.  I would like it to indicate which orders have been placed with my suppliers and which ones have not, or if there is an open issue.  I primarily use JIT inventory, so similar to forwarding to a drop shipper, but I need more options to specify.  a 10 character or less text column would be perfect.  Is there a way for me to do this in SuperManager?

Please let me know.

thanks very much. 

David Johns

Can you please explain what this extra field would look like?  What values would you  to it?  Would this be something that you would custom type in each order or something you would want to have in the "Custom Fields" tab of the store settings so you could define several of them and then select one of them for each order?  Something different than either of those two ideas?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

rrg211

Thanks for getting back to me.  yes, it would be something that I would want to have in the "Custom Fields" tab of the store settings so I could define several of them and then select one of them for each order.

Actually, two columns:

One indicating "Source" or drop shipper name/code
The other indicating status e.g. order placed, contact customer, etc.

In both cases, I would pre define the option.

Thank you

David Johns

I'm hoping to implement this shortly.  As I'm preparing to I'm wondering if we could compress this to just one column.  Do you plan to have one of these custom statuses be "Drop Shipped"?  If so, would it be palettable to just have several of those statuses, ex: "Drop Shipped - Vender 1", "Drop Shipped - Vender 2", etc...?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

rrg211,

I never heard back from you, but did implement it as described.  There is just a single field called the order "Flag".  You can create a list of the flags you will use and then set the flag for each order on the order list by right clicking and choosing "Flag".  You can also  the flag on the order details window on the "Other" tab at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com