News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Updating tracking information and status

Started by arueder, May 08, 2012, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arueder

Is worldship able to update the tracking information on SM once the shipment has been processed?

Aaron

David Johns

Aaron,

Yes, you can set up 2-way communication with UPS via ODBC.  This is described in section 11.4.b.3 of the user's manual.

There are some situations where this ODBC connection is needed, however, I would recommend that in general the XML Exchange with WorldShip is a more robust and easier to set up integration.  This is described in section 11.4.a.  I recommend you read that and see how it works before continuing with the ODBC connection.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

arueder

I have tried the XML version however it requires that weights be present on all shipments. SM is not grabbing the weights from Americart when it downloads the orders. Secondly, we ship for 3 other people so to ship packages, we scan each one with a barcode and scale.  The XML suggestion requires that the label be printed as soon as the XML exchange occurs. This would cause a problem since we have other orders from other clients getting mixed in.

arueder

Also, when setting up UPS export to SM, in section 11.4.b.3, there is no "Reference ID" in the "Ship to tab".

--EDIT--

Got it working. UPS is now sending back the correct information to SM. Now on to Dazzle.... :-)

David Johns

Aaron,

So is it called something different now or did you find the reference ID?  UPS and FedEx both change their software frequently so sometimes our documentation gets out of date.  Sorry if that's the case.  Please let  us know so we can update it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

arueder