News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Barcode for Worldship

Started by arueder, May 04, 2012, 11:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arueder

Is there a way to have all orders export to a CSV file, then have a bar-code print out with the invoice? Then I can use Worldship to create a map to that CSV and use the bar-code to retrieve and populate the information in Worldship?

David Johns

arueder,

Yes, you can do that.  Please check out this post, which contains an invoice template that includes a barcode:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,726.0.html

For exporting orders to a CSV file, there is a pre-defined export format called "UPS WorldShip" that should work for you.  Instructions for setting up a link to WorldShip using ODBC/CSV are in section 11.4.b.  You can choose "Help", "User's Manaul" from SuperManager's main menu to get to the user's manual.  Post back if you need any help.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

arueder

Step 3 in the help pdf says I have to select "Microsoft Text Driver (*.csv, *.txt)"
from the option list and then click "Finish". Theree is no Microsoft Text Driver to select. I only have 2 options:

SQL Native Client, and SQL Server

Aaron

Quote from: David Johns on May 04, 2012, 04:43:59 PM
arueder,

Yes, you can do that.  Please check out this post, which contains an invoice template that includes a barcode:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,726.0.html

For exporting orders to a CSV file, there is a pre-defined export format called "UPS WorldShip" that should work for you.  Instructions for setting up a link to WorldShip using ODBC/CSV are in section 11.4.b.  You can choose "Help", "User's Manaul" from SuperManager's main menu to get to the user's manual.  Post back if you need any help.

Thanks,
David

David Johns

Aaron,

You're right.  We need to update the instructions for Windows 7.  They moved this to the windows control panel.  Go to the windows control panel and select Administrative Tools, the. Select Data Sources (ODBC).

Let me know if that gets you back on track.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

arueder

David,

I can find ODBC in control panel however the problem is when clicking on the System DSN tab, then "ADD", I do not have the option to select "Microsoft Text Driver". The only 2 options that show up after clicking "Add" are SQL Native Client, and SQL Server.

Aaron

David Johns

Aaron,

There is a further complication for 64-but machines.  You'll have to go to the start menu and where it says "Search programs and files" type:
%systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64\odbcad32.exe

Then press enter.  This will bring up a different ODBC administrator that will have the  text file options.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

arueder

arueder

Whe creating the map in Worldship, the Instructions for SM page 100 get me to the "Select an ODBC source" dialog. The file im supposed to select is not showing up "smupsw".

arueder