SuperManager Crashes Entering Products to Order (Version 1.5.1.0)

Started by normyoshida, May 07, 2012, 08:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normyoshida

Cannot keep SuperManager open. Program continually crashes when trying to enter or modify products on an order. Tried accessing database on two different computers and had same issue.  Is there a problem with the SM program or Product database?  Please advise.....   Note: Program does not crash outside of the "Item Detail" screen....

1. Open SM
2. Open a Sales Order
3. Click Add Item

"Item Detail" window open
4. Select/Highlight a Product (Sometime Crashes)
5. Click "Add" (Sometimes Crashes)
6. Adding additional products (Crash)

When it crashes there are no error messages. Program just disappears. 

SM seems to always crash when the "Item Detail" windows is open.

Please advise.  Norman Yoshida

**** Additional *****

Looks like the Product Database may be the issue. 
1. Adding new products to the database listing (Few Crashes occurred). 
2. Added new product to Customer Order  (Few Crashes occurred).
3. Saved Customer Order (Few Crashes)

After SM crash, updated Customer Order did not list the newly added product even though the Customer order was manually "saved" before the crash.  Also, the Product database did not show any of the new listed/added products.

Corrupted Product Database???

*********  Additional Note *********'

Narrowing down the problem.... Found that the SM program consistently crashes on the "Item Detail" screen when the cursor arrow is placed on the "Custom, Custom, Custom" line at the top of the list.  Just by moving the cursor over the "Custom, Custom, Custom" line causes SM to crash.  No mouse click is necessary to cause the Crash.   Also, mouse clicking on "ID" , "CODE" or "DESCRIPTION" on the header line above "Custom, Custom, Custom" line cause SM to crash.  Moving the cursor just below the "Custom" line to the first Product Listing "does not" cause a SM crash.

N

David Johns

Norm,

Very sorry you are having this problem.  I have spent 30-45 minutes playing with different databases I have trying to repeat the problem you are having.  I looked at 10 different files and can't repeat it.  I've done all the things you said sometimes were giving you problems and I couldn't get it to crash once.  There are at least two things that are different between your setup and mine: the database and the version.  I'm trying this on beta version 1.5.1.1.  I doubt that is causing the difference, but just to be sure, you could try updating to that beta version first.  If the problems still continue there (and I expect them to) I will need you to send me your database so I can see what is causing the issue and fix it for you.

Again, very sorry you are experiencing this!  We'll make every effort to get it fixed quickly.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Tried opening a number of old SM Database copies and some old backups.  The problem still occurred with the older files.  Anytime I "touch" the "Custom" area the program crashes.  This happens on two different machines.   I tried uninstalling SM and reloading it.  No change.

N

normyoshida

Tried loading Beta Version.  Opened multiple of current and past SM Data Files and found that the program still crashed.

Tried opening a new company.  Same problem. Still crashes when cursor touches the "Custom" Custom Custom area on the Product.  Also, unable to enter new products from Order/Item Detail window (Add Item, Add Product) , but I am able to add new products using the Products window.

N

David Johns

Norm,

Thanks for the video.  That's a great way to demonstrate problems like this.  This is a strange problem.  You said you have seen it on two different computers?  What version of windows is each computer running?  Also, what happens when you open SuperManager and choose "File", "New" and then go through the same steps?  I'm just wanting to verify the probelm is just between SuperManager and windows and isn't dependant on the file you have opened.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Both machines are running Windows XP SP3.  4gb memory.  Running version 1.5.1.0.  Have also tried 1.5.1.1 and 1.4.x.x  All have the same problem on these two machines.

I will try loading SM on another machine that has never has SM on it.

N

normyoshida

Was able to load SM on a "clean" XP pc.  SM worked fine. Was able to access the SM data over the network.  No crashes when hovering over the Custom field area.  No issues working with the product data.

Now I have two systems that crash and one that works fine.

Tried reinstalling using Update within the program and through the website. Still had problems with crashing in the Custom field area.

Tried reinstalling using 1.4 and still had the problem.

Is there a way of doing a "clean" install of SM.  I see that their is alot of left over code when SM is uninstalled.  I will try loading SM in a
different folder area.....(note did not work), but got this error.....

"Error-Unable to read program settings file. (error1060), Click Yes to go to an FAQ topic that may help you restore your settings. Click No to proceeed with default settings.  YES/NO"

Please advise.....

normyoshida

Problem Fixed

1. Tried unistalling SM and reinstalling (no fix)
2. Tried unistalling SM and reinstalling 1.4, and 1.5.1.1 beta (no fix)
3. Tried access different SM databases and backups (no fix)
4. Tried loading SM on a "clean" pc access SM data on server. (SM Works, fixed).
5. Tried uninstalling SM and removing any reference to SuperMarketing in Window's registry, Then reinstalled. (no fix)
6. Tried uninstalling SM and loading it in a different folder area (no fix)
7. Tried turning off different program (Anti-virus, backups) that start on bootup. (FIXED PROBLEM)

Looks like the program Webroot Security Anywhere is causing the Custom area to crash.  They have recently forced you to upgrade from Webroot Spysweeper to Webroot Security Anywhere.  I will explore if I can find the exact issue in Webroot.

Norman Yoshida

Norman

David Johns

Norm,

I'm so sorry you had to go through all this, but glad you got it working!!!  Thanks for sharing your experience.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Posted the problem with Webroot and they must of worked out a fix.  Webroot Security Anywhere no longer cause SM to crash in the Products "custom" field.   

Problem solved....

David Johns

Norm,

Thanks for reporting back!  Glad it is working even with that other software now.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com