Unable to send tracking info to Yahoo! Retry?

Started by bcogan6502, July 19, 2012, 12:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcogan6502

I am trying to use an import to update the tracking information on our Yahoo! orders.  The information from the import is populating the shipment information in the order records in SuperManager, but when I try to update Yahoo! I get an error stating "Unable to send tracking info to Yahoo!  Retry?" even though the status message is saying "Sending tracking info to Yahoo!...".  And then when I tell it not to retry, the status message says "Sent shipment updates for X orders to shopping cart and 0 shipped emails."  This isn't true.

I have checked the firewall settings. I have set them. Rebooted.  Reset them and rebooted. I have checked the e-mail tracking password. I have checked the Store log in and password.  I have checked the security code.  I tried watching it using the Ctrl-Shift-e to view IE while the processing is occurring.  What I found is that NOTHING was happening in IE when I tell it to update the tracking info.

But when I do the orders individually, it updates just fine.  But I'm not sure whether the shipped e-mail is getting sent.

I am so frustrated I could just spit.

Any ideas, direction, help?

Thanks

David Johns

bcogan6502,

Sorry you are having a hard time getting this to work.  The feature that updates shipment status to Yahoo actually doesn't use internet explorer.  It sends the information via email to Yahoo's server.  I'm guessing that your email settings may need to be adjusted.  Please go to "View", "Store Settings..." and select the "Email Settings" tab.  Make sure that your email settings are filled in correctly and then press the test button to make sure it successfully sends an email to yourself.

Also - a point of clarification - when you choose "Update to Store Manager" from the order list or press the corresponding button on the order details page this uses a different process for updating order information back to Yahoo.  This process will change any information you have changed the order.  This should in the process enter the tracking information and send out the email to the customer.  However, if you have made any other changes to the order that you don't want synced back to Yahoo, it will also be updated.  When you instead, right click and choose "Shipments", "Update Shipment Status" it uses the exact same function as when it asks if you want to send out shipment status after entering tracking numbers or importing shipping info.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com