Yahoo Order Processor Role and Batch Review Changes : Fixed - beta 1.5.4.2

Started by qbsrox, September 12, 2012, 03:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

Hi Guys,

Yahoo store owners recently received an alert on  'Order Processor Role and Batch Review Changes' and I was wondering how it will affect SM users.  Will it affect them?  What should they do or look out for?

Thanks in advance!
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Good question.  I answered it individually for one user you sent our way, however, its good to have the answer here in the user forum for other users to read.

Whether this affects SuperManager depends on the role  to the Yahoo user that you have in your SuperManager settings.  If the yahoo username you have SuperManager use does not have this ?Order Processor? role that they are changing, then it will not impact you.  If it does, it is unclear from their announcement whether that will change the output of the xml file that SuperManager downloads.  It would make sense that in addition to making the store manager no longer show the credit card number, they would also change the XML file to only include the last four digits of the credit card number when logged in under an account that only has "Order Processor" role.  Depending on how you use SuperManager, if they do change that, it may cause problems for people having SuperManager log in using an account with "Order Processor" role.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Quick question related to this.   If the SuperManager user has the correct permissions, will we still be able to charge cards through SuperManager?   

I'm not sure how the SuperManager process works for charging cards - so I'm trying to verify if Yahoo's change to only  "display" the last 4 digits will, or will not, cause any issues with this process.

A simple confirmation that it would not impact the charging of cards is fine.  (If true.)

David Johns

jabrein,

It looks like if you try to charge orders through an account that only has "Order Processor" role you will likely get the following error for each order:
QuoteThe credit card number for order x has been changed
Click Yes to skip this order so you can update the changes to Yahoo! before charging
Click No to charge the original card

If you charge orders through an account that has "Credit Card" role.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

szadorian

How can I identify what are the permissions set in my Supermanager? "order processor or ..."

David Johns

Steve,

The permissions are not set in SuperManager.  They are set in your Yahoo account settings.  To get to this, you can use the "Log in to store manager" in SuperManager to open the Yahoo store manager.  Then click on the "Access" link.  This will tell you what permissions each user has.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Quote from: David Johns on September 18, 2012, 03:53:01 PM
jabrein,

It looks like if you try to charge orders through an account that only has "Order Processor" role you will likely get the following error for each order:
QuoteThe credit card number for order x has been changed
Click Yes to skip this order so you can update the changes to Yahoo! before charging
Click No to charge the original card

If you charge orders through an account that has "Credit Card" role.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I believe your Error Quote is tied to the "order processor" role (identified above the quote).   Please confirm if this is correct.

You then go on to say...  "If you charge orders through an account that has "Credit Card" role."     This sentence then kind of just dies..., was there additional information related to charging orders through a "Credit Card" role?   Is this the role that will allow us to utilize SuperManager to charge cards?     

One final question:  Will there only be a certain timeframe that we can charge cards?    For e.g.,   our store primarily only sells Pre-Order merchandise that will not release until 6 months to 1 year after the sale.  We only charge our customers once the item has released...     will we still be able to process a charge, via the "Credit Card" role, 6 months to 1 year after the original sale (via SuperManager)?   

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry my last post wasn't clear.  We've been getting more information about this upcoming issue.  The latest communication from Yahoo seems to indicate that the order export from Yahoo will not include the full credit card number regardless of the role of the user account you have SuperManager use to interface with Yahoo.  This means that the warning quoted above will always come up.  We will be putting a new release out that will work with this new policy without displaying this warning.

Further, we will be making it so SuperManager can grab the credit card number from the orders page and use it for making manual transactions.  However, this will likely occur only on two occasions:
1. When you charge the order
2. When you choose "Get Store Manager Order Status"

In other words, if you are doing pre-orders that won't get charged until 6-12 months later you will need to either charge the order for a portion of the sale and then charge the balance when the order ships -or- run the "Get Store Manager Order Status" function on such orders so SuperManager is able to grab the credit card number.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Thanks David!

I appreciate the quick turnaround.  I think this really caught everyone off guard.   Thanks again for getting the details and providing options for how to manage the changes that are coming.

ddc

Hi Guys,

As of today, full credit card numbers and expiration dates for Yahoo orders no longer come through to Supermanager.  So, we are getting the "credit card number has changed" message mentioned above.  Is this message going to come up for each order from this point forward? Or is there a way to disable it?

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

If you update to the latest beta version, 1.5.3.6, this behavior will stop.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

tbergman73013

I'm using version 1.5.3.6, I check for updates and none are available, but the "credit card for order X has changed" problem just keeps popping up.

Right now, we can get around this by hitting "Yes" to skip when that box pops up, and then the order is somehow magically updated with the full cc number. But this is TERRIBLY time consuming. Is there a better way?

Please advise ASAP.

---EDIT:

I realize now that we're using the latest major release, not the latest beta. We don't have the beta installed and configured. When will we see this fix implemented in a regular non-beta release?

David Johns

Tom,

Apparently Yahoo has made an additional change that went live today.  We'll be working on fixing it ASAP.  Hopefully we'll have an update later today or tomorrow.  Until then you should press "No" to this question.  When you press "Yes" it cancels the charging process. When you press "No" it charges with the credit card number that Yahoo has for the order, which is what you want.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

All,

We have released beta 1.5.3.7, which should make it so this message no longer pops up.  Please install it and give us feedback if you have continued problems.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

tbergman73013

Hi David,

We're currently using the latest major release, not the beta. Can the beta and the latest major release be installed on the same machine, or will they override each other? For that matter, is there some way to convert our existing installation from the latest major release to the beta without doing a full download? I'd like to get the fix, but I have concerns about using the beta version rather than the major release version. Any light you could shed here would be helpful.