Yahoo Order Processor Role and Batch Review Changes : Fixed - beta 1.5.4.2

Started by qbsrox, September 12, 2012, 03:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

We have updated to 1.5.3.7, but we are still receiving the error message.  We have also been unsuccessful in getting the full number to show up in SM.  (it displays once in a while, but not consistently).

Any advice / suggestions?

I'm not sure if it is the process our Order Manager is using, or if there are still issues.

Thanks!

David Johns

tbergman73013,
There's not really a way to have the production version and the beta on the same machine at the same time.  The newfeaturesof the beta have been out for quite a while now.  At this point the only things we are adding is this Yahoo compatibility stuff.  I think you can feel pretty confident in installing the beta.  Once we get to a point where we have all the Yahoo compatibility stuff ironed out we will be releasing it as the next major release anyway.

jabrien,
There may still be an issue for users that have not granted the Yahoo user they use in SuperManager the credit card role.  We'll look into it and get back to you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

jabrein,

We are trying to repeat the problem you are having and can't get the error to occur with beta 1.5.3.7.  Are you certain that you have updated all your computers to that version?

As far as the full card number not showing up, the full version will only be brought in if you set the user that you have in SuperManager's store settings to the "Credit Card" role in your Yahoo store access.  Otherwise SuperManager will only ever see the masked card number.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

We updated to the latest version 1.5.3.7 and still get the "card has changed" error pop-up.  I see from your comments that the lastest version should get rid of all pop-ups, but it's not for us.  What are we missing? 

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

mbcarr1975

We have set our Yahoo access to "Credit Card" processor and the credit card information still comes over to SM masked.

We are also having another new problem. When we place an order with one of our drop shippers we go in and changed the order status to "Sent to Dropshipper". We are now getting an error message telling us that we cannot change the status becasue "all orders are marked as shipped". The are NOT marked as shipped. This is a new bug...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

mbcarr,
The behaviors you described are normal.  Yahoo's changes have made it so that regardless of the role  to the Yahoo user, Yahoo will never export the full credit card number.  However, SuperManager is smart enough to grab the full number when you charge an order, authorize an order or run the "Get Store Manager Order Status" function.

To get the order marked dropshipped, right click on the item(s) dropshipped and choose "Status", "Dropshipped".  SuperManager will then change the order status to drop shipped automatically.

ddc, jabrein,
We're working on fixing the warning message that apparently is not yet fixed for all cases.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

David -

We DO rightclick to change the status of the order. It is no longer working properly. As of yesterday when we attempt to change a status to "sent to DropShipper we now get a message that says:

"You have requested to change order ###### status to not shipped, however all shipments are currently marked as shipped. Choose 'OK' to set all shipments to not shipped or 'Cancel' to leave the status as is."

This is new...as of yesterday.

Why would the system think this new order is marked as shipped.? It does not show as shipped in the shipment box, nor has anything been done to the order other than to open it and send an email to our vendor.

We are also getting the same credit card warning message as ddc and jabrein. We had to process each payment one by one tonight when closing for the day. That is a pain...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by "we go in and changed the order status".  I thought you meant you were changing the status in the order details screen.  What you need to do is go into the order details screen and right click on the item(s) that are dropshipped and change the item status to dropshipped.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

All,

We found the issue that we think was causing this and have released beta 1.5.3.8.  Please update to this new beta and give us feedback if it resolves all the issues or if issues still remain.

Michelle,
I looked into this issue further and found what was causing this behavior.  You were right, this behavior was unintentional.  It is also fixed in version 1.5.3.8.  Please try it out and give us feedback.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

Our order processor tested 1.5.3.8 with an internal order.

The pop-up appears to be gone.

Unfortunately, the CC# / Expiration date did not come through.  We verified that his SM Store Setting username is the same ID as his Yahoo! Stores userID with Credit Card access.   he is able to view full card information in Yahoo, but it did not pull into SM when the test order was charged.   Any thoughts?

Regards,
Jeff

CoolPC

Thanks, seems to be working now

@jabrein
Yahoo doesn't export that information anymore, it's the reason these issues cropped up, pasting what Yahoo says below

"To greater protect your customers' credit card information, beginning October 9, 2012, order export formats in Order Manager no longer contain full credit card numbers or expiration dates. This does not affect real-time order posts or credit card processing directly in Order Manager via a FDMS compatible merchant account or PayPal. If you use Order Manager order export formats for offline payment processing or other actions, we recommend configuring real-time order posts (available for Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Standard, Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Professional, and Yahoo! Store accounts), or using PGP encryption to have orders delivered by email (available for all accounts). If you are impacted and need additional time to update how you perform payment processing actions, please contact us to request a short extension period. Notice of this change was emailed to store owners on October 1, 2012. Get more information."
http://www.ystoreblog.com/blog/2012/10/change-to-information-in-order-export-formats-being-made-on-october-9-2012/

David Johns

Jeff,

It should pull the full credit card in if you can see it in Yahoo.  As mentioned before, when out charges the credit card, it takes the opportunity to grab the full card number, if available.  Were you charging it from the order list or the details window for a particular order?  The first thing I could think of is that maybe when the charge is made from the details window it's losing the number in the process of updating the order.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I can follow-up with our Order Processor on what screen they charge the card from  (I believe orders are charged from the Details Window).    As we need to go into each order to determine whether the order is a Pre-Order item  (where we only charge a 10% deposit),  versus an instock item  (where we would charge the full purchase price).

Is there a specific window to charge orders from that you know works?   Maybe if that information was shared it would help me understand where the issue resides...

jabrein

OK - I have the details.

First, let me explain a probable bug within SuperManager that will help explain "why we do what we do".

For Pre-Order orders, we only charge a customer a 10% deposit.    To charge less than the full amount, we must go into the Details window to Charge the card (where we can override the amount to be charged).  ((At least it is my understanding that it must be done that way.))  There is a bug within SuperManager where if you leave the detail window prior the the charge going through, the system will automatically default back to charging the Full Amount.   Because of this, we've been doing a work-around where we stay within the detail window until the 10%-charge completes.

Getting back to SM fetching CC information:

- When we charge a pre-order deposit within the Detail Window, and wait for the charge to complete, we do not receive the CC#.  (We have to stay in the detail window as described above)
- When we charge an order in Full within the Detail Window, and wait for the charge to complete, we do not receive the CC#.
- When we charge an order in Full within the Detail Window, and *leave* the detail window prior to the charge completing, we *are* receiving the CC#.

I guess my question then is whether there is a solution for charging within the detail window AND receiving CC#s.

Regards,
Jeff

mbcarr1975

Thanks David.

The new SM update took care of the status change issue. I will know about the "credit card error box" tonight when I close. i will let you now.

Thanks for all your help. I can't even imagine what it must be like for 3rd Party developers to have to make changes on the fly when Yahoo makes their "updates"!

-Michele
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com