Yahoo Order Processor Role and Batch Review Changes : Fixed - beta 1.5.4.2

Started by qbsrox, September 12, 2012, 03:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Johns

Jeff,

Thanks for the information.  It certainly is not the intent that SuperManager does not update the CC number unless you close out of the details window before the charge completes.  As I was thinking through what could be happening to make it not grab the full number it occured to me that this could be the issue.  We'll get on figuring out how we can fix that.  At least in the short-term we have a workaround.

Now as far as charing the full amount or the amount you specify...I'll certainly look into that.

Thanks for all your feedback (And that goes for all who have posted).  It has been invaluable in getting these updates in place.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Thanks David,

Yeah, unfortunately - since we have to stay in the detail window to be able to successfully charge a less-than-full amount - it doesn't allow us to capture the payment information.   Thanks for researching this and I look forward to hearing about a fix (or work-around).

And as Michele said, thanks for the quick turn-around on the other functionality.   Let's just hope that the Yahoo! 4th Quarter unannounced system changes are done for this year ;)

David Johns

We've now released beta 1.5.3.9, which fixes the couple of issues you raised.  You can now close the order details screen after pressing the "Sale" button and before it finishes.  We've also fixed the issue with the credit card number getting erased.  Please update and give it a try.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

Our Order processor tested 1.5.3.9  -  The CC# is now updating while in the Detail Window.  Thanks!

Unfortunately, the other issue I had referred to is still not working.   (When you are in the Order Detail Window,  and we change the Charge total to something other than the full amount, then charge the card...  if we leave that orders detail window prior to the Charge Completing,  the charge reverts to charging the full amount).    If you need additional details, please let me know.

If you want, you may move this issue to another thread as it most likely doesn't belong here anymore.

Thanks!
Jeff

jabrein

Hi David,

On Friday after noon I had posted the below on a different thread:

"Unfortunately, the other issue I had referred to is still not working.   (When you are in the Order Detail Window,  and we change the Charge total to something other than the full amount, then charge the card...  if we leave that orders detail window prior to the Charge Completing,  the charge reverts to charging the full amount).    If you need additional details, please let me know."

After some more research, I am able to provide additional / slightly different details.

It appears that when we charge (Click Sale) and enter less than the full amount; the correct amount is being physically charged.   The issue/confusion stems from TheSuperManager recording the charge history incorrectly as the *full* amount being charged within the Order Details.

This will be an issue when we go back to verify the amount a customer has paid towards an order ~ as the details will now display having paid the full amount (when reality we have only charged in most cases a 10% deposit). 

Our work-around is that we are currently overwriting the charge history with the correct information after each charge, but look forward to this bug being fixed.

Please let me know if you require additional details.
Thanks!
Jeff

David Johns

That's right.  I posted to the original thread with that information trying to alert you about that.  We have actually fixed that for the next beta release already, but are working on fixing one more issue before releasing it.  I expect to release it later today.

I'll merge this into the original post since it's a related issue.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Sorry David,

I must have missed that original post (or didn't comprehend how it would function).

Thanks for the response.   We will keep an eye out for the new release.

David Johns

No apology required!  We'll post back when the update is released.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

jabrein,

We have release beta 1.5.4.1, which should fix all known issues caused by the Yahoo policy changes.  Please give it a try and report back.

Thanks again for your patience.
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com