News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Why are Reports printing to browser

Started by normyoshida, October 03, 2012, 10:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

normyoshida

Reports printing to browser?  I am finding that some of the Reports are printing to my browser and not to the print preview? 

The invoice report prints to the "print preview" and the prints, this is fine/ok. 

The some of the other reports print to the web browser, also I get a error popup.

All of the reports are in the same sub directory C:\programs file\supermanager\

Is there a setting to change to insure all the reports go to the printer?

Norman Yoshida

normyoshida

Figured out the issue.   HTML was not formated correctly.  Copied header from other HTML reports... tks..

normyoshida

Intermittently getting this error on printing Invoices.....

Unable to load report (error 1010)
Failed on order 42414185
Please print the report in the browser window (OK)

Popup...Unknown Error has occurred.

This does not happen on every printout.  What is causing this?

David Johns

Norman,

That looks like it would be caused by a problem with the order template.  Can you please send it to me to check out?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Still having problems with the Invoice Template crashing.  IE Browser window appears with the Invoice.  This also causes SM to lockup and crash.   Will send you the Invoice Template....   

David Johns

Norman,

The template you sent looks pretty clean and is not the type that would typically cause problems.  Are there certain orders that it will never print for without freezing?  I'm wondering if there is something in certain orders that causes problems with this template.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Could it be something to do with the Printing Buffer?  or with IE Browser?   I see it creates a temp file.  C:\Documents and Settings\norman.ECCOTECH.000\Local Settings\Temp\SuperManager\sm_465.html     The "sm" file number is different each time.  This file is cleared once the file is printed.

Today I received this error.  "Unable to load report Error 1010, Failed on order 7804381. Please print report in browser window".

Receiving this error in other templates....also.

David Johns

Norman,

I can't remember if we check this before but in case we haven't please try changing the internet explorer settings mentioned in this post:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,362.0.html

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Using Windows XP on this Machine.  Have made the changes as shown.

David Johns

Norman,

Does this error repeat itself with certain orders, where certain orders just won't print or does it seem to be random - sometimes an order works and others the same order won't?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

SM seems to work fine for a while.  I can print a number of Invoice with no issue.  Then I starts to crash.  If I restart SM.  The problem goes away for 1 to 2 orders, The crashes again.  The only way to clear the issue is to reboot the system. 

Seems to be an issue with the Printer.  Maybe Driver or Buffer issue?  System is a Window XP Os Version 2002 SP3, with 4 meg of memory.  Have plenty of Virtual memory.   Any advise on settings?   IE is version 8.  Have run the all MS Updates.

Any ideas...

Will try setting up a new printer PCL 5E....

David Johns

Norman,

This sounds like interference from another application you have installed on your computer.  Please send me a window of times when you are available this weekend and/or next week and I'll remotely log in and help you look for applications that may be causing problems.  We have a list of some known applications that cause problems here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1059.0.html

However, we are finding new applications for that cause these problems all the time.

Also, rather than rebooting your computer, you can likely get it back to working condition by:

• Closing SuperManager and all internet explorer windows
  • Pressing ctrl-shift-esc to bring up the task manager
  • Switching to the "Processes" tab
  • Selecting each entry of iexplorer.exe on the list and pressing "End Task" until they are all gone

After doing that, you can likely bring up SuperManager and have it work correctly again - at least until if/when it gets messed up again.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Norman,

Has this issue persisted?  I had one other idea.  At one point you said all your report templates are stored at "C:\Program Files\SuperManager".  Some of the new Microsoft security measures cause strange things to happen when applications try to work with files stored in the Program Files branch.  In recent installations of SuperManager we have moved all the report templates to "My Documents\SuperManager".  How about you move all the report templates from Program Files to My Documents and then remap them under "View", "Store Settings" on the Reports tab.  Then see if it is still causing the same problems.  Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

For some reason the issue has not come up for a week or more.  I not sure why?  Will try moving the templates...tks  Norman