Archive by Order Date? Order Status : Added - beta 1.5.6.8

Started by normyoshida, October 11, 2012, 12:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normyoshida

Is it possible to Archive by Order Date and Order Status?   The order numbers imported from Americart are not in numerical order.... Only the last 8 digits are imported.  Not the whole order number (12 digits)...

David Johns

Norman,

I have added this to our development list.  When you say order date and order status do you mean filter the orders archived by both criteria or by one or the other?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Probably "order status"  only.

I cannot archive "closed order" without archiving active orders because the Order Numbers are not in sequential order.  Americart gives you a 12 digit number for an order number, but Supermanager  only records the "last" eight digits.

David Johns

Norman,

I've been thinking of the most efficient way to do this.  I had the idea - what if I just add an option to archive all orders on the current order list?  Then you could get the orders you want to archive on the order list and then choose "File", "Archive" and select this option to archive the orders currently on the order list.  Would that work?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Not clear on how you want to archive orders?  What is the current order list?

I like to be able to "highlight/select" multiple orders to archive.  Norman

David Johns

Norman,

Sorry for the poor explanation.  I mean that you would go to "View", "Orders" and then most likely press the "SuperFilter" tab and filter the list to only display the orders you want to archive.  Then once the order list shows only the orders you want to archive you would press "File", "Archive" and there would be an option you would choose to archive all the orders displayed on the order list.  It sounds like that is consistent with what you were thinking of, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Sorry to delay my response. 

Steps
1. View
2. Orders
3. SuperFilter
4. Status / "Closed"??? (need chose all "Closed" files)
5. Archive - ALL

We would need the ability to choose Status "Closed" i SuperFilter  and then Archive "ALL" displayed..

Does this make sense?   

Norman
Hanko Designs

David Johns

Norman,

We've released beta 1.5.6.6, which includes this capability.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Thank you.

What is the recommend max size of the Database, before we should Archive.?   N

David Johns

Norman,

This is really all up to how responsive SuperManager is for you.  If you notice it bogging down significantly when performing tasks.  You are probably okay up to 100,000 orders our more.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida