Trouble with printing and setting after installation on new Windows 7 computer

Started by mbcarr1975, October 14, 2012, 08:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

I am having problems using SM on my new Windsows 7 computer.

It appears that many of our program settings did not carry over to the new copmputer...

When we get a new order from Yahopo, the order is supposed to print out on the default printer. I have changed the settings to print to default printer.

It doesn't do that however, when we get a new order the system creates an html document in the browser. YOu then have to go to the browser to print the document and then SM freezes up nad has to be restarted.  Can you help me with this? I need to be up and running for business tomorrow AM.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michelle,

When transfering from one computer to another we recommend the following approach:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,34.0.html

Most important to your situation, it sounds like you may not have copied the settings file, which contains settings like what SuperManager should do when it prints (preview, print dialog or print to the default printer), imports and exports and QuickBooks and other XML exchange formats.  Its not too late to do that now, just make sure that when you do, you close SuperManager, then overwrite the settings file, then open SuperManager after copying the settings file.

The freezing when reported can be fixed using the approach given here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,996.0.html

I hope these two posts help.  Please post back to let us know if you are back on track.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

David-

My SMG file and the set files reside on a separate connected harddrive. SM pulls from the same data as it did when it was on the old computer. Those files did not move.

I can't figure out why SM is not printing directly to the printer any longer. The  program setting does not require a preview. It should just print like before. Instead, everytime I go to print a report, the repoort is creagted in the IE browser and we have to print it from there...

I will check out the "freezing issue" with the link provided and get back to you.

Thanks for your . This computer instgallation has been maddening.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

ddc

David,

We are having the same problem described above with our new Windows 8 machine.  SM is set to print to default, but opens an IE window instead.  Once we print from IE, Super manager locks up.  We have already disabled the protected mode.  Where else should we look. Printer is working fine with other applications.

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

You may want to restart your computer and when it comes up, before starting SuperManager check that protected mode is still disabled.  Then try opening SuperManager and see if the problem still occurs.  Please post back with your experience.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

It is printing through the printer now, but the format is off.  Are there other settings in IE that correct that?  The format was correct when it printed to IE. 

Duane

update: I think we figured it out.  There was a setting on the printer that need to be set to allow background images to print. Fonts did not all translate to IE 10, but I think that's normal.

DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

Thanks for the update.  I was going to say the first time through you might need to manually adjust the margins in your IE print settings. It sounds like it was other formatting you were concerned about.  Glad you got it worked out.  Let us know if there are other issues.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com