News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Error with Yahoo Login : Fixed - beta 1.5.6.9

Started by ddc, October 26, 2012, 06:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddc

Whenever we open SM, it gives us an error (unable to login into Yahoo). To correct the problem, we have to select "open store manager", wait for browser to open, then shut down SM and reopen. The problem seems to be that the software goes to the Yahoo Business Control Panel on startup rather than directly into the Yahoo store manager. This has been happening for a few months now.

Is this a browser or software setting on our end or something else?

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

We have noticed this issue on some computers, but it does not happen on all computers.  Are you using Windows XP?  I haven't noticed this on any Windows 7 machines that I can think of.  We are working on a perminent solution to this, however, the temporary solution is to click "Get New Orders" (or whatever other function you are doing) and wait for about 20 - 30 seconds.  If it still reports it is logging in to Yahoo, click to "Cancel" button that appears on the bottom right corner of SuperManager when you do an online function.  Wait for it to report "Get new orders canceled" or something to that effect.  Then press "Get New Orders" again.  It should work the second time.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

The OS is Windows XP Media Edition (SP3). I haven't seen the same behavior on our Windows 7 backup PC either.

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

Does the method I described with waiting and pressing cancel, then pressing get new orders again work?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

Yes, it seems to work.  Also, notice "get batches" is doing something similar. The first time you hit "get batches", it hungs up, you have to cancel, then hit "get batches" again for it to work.  Not sure if it is related.

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

That's correct.  If its stalled on the "Logging in..." message it is this same problem.  I should add, however, that sometimes Yahoo takes forever to load the report of batches that SuperManager imports.  If that is where it is stalled, it would say something like "Getting orders from (account name)"

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

We made some improvements that should improve or entirely fix this problem.  Beta version 1.5.6.9 should be more robust at logging in than previous versions.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com