Problem Exporting to WorldShip for Standard Shipping to Canada

Started by Wcf51245, January 09, 2013, 03:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wcf51245

I am unable to export a shipment to world ship as UPS Standard to Canada. The method and class is mapped but it will not create the shipping documents. As a result, UPS will not accept it. It will accept Worldwide Expedited. What am I missing? I am stuck. Thank You!

David Johns

What's the error message WorldShip is giving you?  Also, can you post a screenshot of your mapping for that ship method?  Just go to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Custom Fields" tab and double click on the ship method for the order you are trying to export.  Then take a screenshot of that and attach it to your response to this post.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Wcf51245

I tried to attach a screen shot but it said it was to big. I have emailed them to you. Thank You. I did figure out how to take a screen shot! :-)

David Johns

Wcf51245,

I pulled the pictures out of the word document you sent and attached them.  I do see one issue.  It looks like you are using XML exchange, but the mapping you are showing is for the text export to WorldShip.  I can see just the top of the XML Exchange - WorldShip mapping and it looks like it is mapped to "Standard".  I could see that this might cause this error to occur.  Please try going back into the mapping screen that you sent the screenshot of and selecting "XML Exchange - WorldShip" and mapping it to "Standard to Canada" and then try it again.  Please report back if that fixes it or not.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Wcf51245

I tried that but I still get a World ship error message. Screen shot attached.

David Johns

According to the UPS specification the "InternationalDocumentation" information is not required so I'm not sure why it is giving an error because its currently not included in the SuperManager export to WorldShip.  I wonder if this is something new.  What version of WorldShip do you have installed?

We could add the international documentation to the export.  I would need some guidance on which data is required.  The major blocks of data are:

• Invoice
  • Customs Value
  • SED
  • CO
  • NAFTACO
  • Movement Reference
  • CN22
  • Request Duties And Taxes
  • List of Goods

If you can tell me which of those pieces of data you need to provide, which are optional, but would be nice to have and which are not required at all, that would be a start.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Wcf51245

When you set up the other company, Horse And Wildlife Gifts, It exports the required information and has the items marked as "Home Decor".  The version of World ship we used is "Software Version 15" & "Build 16". According to what I have been told, an invoice reflecting the product, value & country of Origin is sufficient.

Invoice
    Customs Value
    List of Goods

Thank You!

Wcf51245

I have not heard from you regarding this worldship issue. I am still trying to get this order shipped from SM via World ship. Any ideas?

David Johns

wcf51245,

Sorry to not have given you a specific answer on that part.  It is not clear why WorldShip is requiring this information since their integration specification says this information is optional rather than required or conditional.  It sounds like it is actually conditionally required at least for this particular shipment, if not for all orders to Canada or perhaps even any international shipments.  As I indicated, we can add this capability, but unfortunately it will take some time.  I can put this on our enhancement list.  For now, however, you'll have to create this shipment in WorldShip or UPS Online manually.  You can then right click on the order in SuperManager and choose "Shipments", "Enter Tracking IDs" and select "UPS" as the carrier, enter the postage amount if you desire and enter the tracking ID.  Once you close the shipment details screen SuperManager will ask you if you want to send out the shipment updates so you can send the tracking number back to Yahoo.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Wcf51245

OK...Yes, all international packages require an invoice (3 copies) documenting the contents. I will go ahead and force the shipment as suggested. It is rather strange, as the other company (on a different computer about 10 feet from this one) exports just fine. I always just print the invoice, put them in a plastic sleeve & attach to the package next to the label. This shipment won't even export. That is why I believe something is not set properly.

David Johns

I guess that explains why they say it is optional and why other customers have not complained that they can't create UPS international shipments - I was surprised about that.  Please check the settings between the two computers and businesses and see if there is something that is different between the two.  UPS support could likely help you with that as well.  Please post back if you find the solution.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com