Importing Alternative Product Codes automatically.

Started by bobbininc, February 22, 2013, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

Regarding post:

http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,40.msg50.html

Am trying to set up Alternative codes with my variants.

For example.

I have widget xx-yyy in colors a1, b2, c3.

We offer the item on the page, and there is a drop down to select color a1, b2, and c3.

The "Alternative" code would be xx-yyy:xx-yyy:a1, xx-yyy:xx-yyy:b2, xx-yyy:xx-yyy:c3 to the respective color choices.

On the .csv file, what needs to go where, in order to automatically import the alternative codes?

Thanks!
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

You should just need to put the proper alternative code in the "alternative code" column, which is the last one on the right.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Hi David,

On the 2nd tab of the workbook, that says "Data", there are two columns, Item Name, and Sales Description.

Please advise.
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

I see the confusion.  The XLS link provided in that post is just intended to give you a tool to automatically pull all your items from QuickBooks.  You can use it to pull a list of all your items and open the CSV file you create from SuperManager in excel as well, then copy and paste the right item name from the "Data" tab "Item Name" column to the "alternative code" column of the CSV file, then save the CSV file back as a CSV file (its a good idea to save it as an XLS file too just so you have it both ways) and then read the CSV back into SuperManager to populate the alternative codes.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

Hi David,

2 things.

1.  Thanks, we got most of it updated automatically.
2.  We have one "store" of 3, that will not even export the products to excel.  Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

Thanks!
Jeremy

bobbininc

We have discovered the issue.

The alternative code is brought in on the item # basis, not by item name. 

For example, we have item xx-yyyy-a1, a2, a3, a4.

Although in Yahoo store, xx-yyyy is listed (product_id) as 3 different items (in some cases 2), SuperManager wants the items to come through via the Code (product_code).

Is there any way to update the alternate product code via the product id exclusively?

Thanks and best regards,
Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Yes, there is.  Go to the product details screen of the products that you need to be set up this way.  Instead of clicking "Create All" to create all the variants, press the "Add..." button and choose "(default)" as the variant to create.  Then you can use this default variant to add an alternative code to all the option combinations for that product.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

This does not work.  It simply brings it back to the root item...

David Johns

Jeremy,

I must not be understanding the issue.  Can you please elaborate or attach screenshots?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com