SM not connecting to Worldship after update to SM version 1.5.9.0

Started by lmorley, March 08, 2013, 09:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmorley

Updated to version 1.5.9.0 last night. Now SM is not communicating with WorldShip - during XML exchange we get "Continue waiting for Worldship?" message and shipment fails.  Any advice?

David Johns

lmorley,

You are starting the WorldShip AutoXML feature, but its just not picking up the xml files?

The first thing to check would probably be to make sure you have SuperManager set to export the XML files to the same place WorldShip is looking for them.  In SuperManager, this setting is under "View", "Program Settings" on the "XML Exchange Formats" page.  Select "WorldShip" from the list and see what the export filename is.  Make sure this filename is in the same folder as WorldShip is set to look for incoming XML files.  In WorldShip this is on the screen that comes up that has the "Start" button to start monitoring for XML files.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

lmorley

Hi David-

We never changed any settings when doing the update, but here is the file info:

In SuperManager for the WorldShip XML exchange format we have:

C:\UPS\WSTD\IMPEXP\XML Auto Import\sm-worldship.xml

The folder in Worldship is:

C:\UPS\WSTD\IMPEXP\XML Auto Import

If I try to change the folder name in Worldship to match the name exactly as SuperManager, Worldship says it is an invalid destination folder; if I try to change the folder name in SuperManger to match that exactly in WorldShip, we get the "failed shipment" notification.

David Johns

Those settings look correct.  SuperManager needs filename, while worldship needs just the folder name.  So the two settings you have are consistent.

Is worldship processing the shipment, but finding an error in or does it seem to not receive the file from SuperManager?  You might need to watch worldship carefully after exporting from SuperManager to see if it is doing something with the xml file SuperManager sends it.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

lmorley

Here is the message we get on the XML Import Log:

08-Mar-2013 11:40:20 - C:\UPS\WSTD\IMPEXP\XML Auto Import\sm-worldship.xml Error on line 2, Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema.

Expecting: {x-schema:C:/UPS/WSTD/OpenShipments.xdr}CompanyOrName, {x-schema:C:/UPS/WSTD/OpenShipments.xdr}Attention, {x-schema:C:/UPS/W....

lmorley

The message I posted from the XML Import log is the same for all of the UPS shipments we've tried to process today via Supermanager

David Johns

Does it have more or is that the end of the message?

What version of worldship do you have installed?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

lmorley

That is all I can see of the message on the log, nothing more.

Older version of WorldShip - v. 10.0

Do you thing an update of WS would make a difference for this?

lmorley

The log message seems to indicate that it "expects" a folder directory with "forward slashes" versus the "backslash" directories we currently have in place....just grasping at straws here....

David Johns

It was or understanding that UPS was forcing people to update to the latest version. We added a few things to the worldship xml and when we did, we used the format specification for version 16.  It must be that some of our changes only work with worldship 16.  If you update to version 16 it should work.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

lmorley

OK - I've already started the download of the latest version. Hopefully that will take care of the issue. Thanks!

David Johns

Please post back whether or not that resolves the issue.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

lmorley

Hi David-

To rectify the problem, I've been in the process of installing and moving all programs to a computer with Windows 7 (the old one ran XP).  Got Supermanager installed, UPS Worldship v. 16.0 and Dazzle.

SuperManager is able to communicate now with both Dazzle and WS.  HOWEVER when we try to print shipping labels (using Zebra label printer) via Supermanager xml in Dazzle, the labels are blank, and via xml in WorldShip they aren't formatted correctly.  When we print labels DIRECTLY from both Dazzle and Worldship, they print fine - no missing data and formatted correctly.

What do I need to change in SuperManager to get our Dazzle labels and UPS labels to print properly and be correctly formatted?