How do I create a set of program settings specific to a particular store file?

Started by David Johns, April 03, 2013, 05:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Johns

SuperManager's preferences and settings are arranged into program settings and store settings.  The program settings apply to every store file you open, while the store settings are specific to the file you have open.  If you need to be able to use different program settings for a particular file there is a way to do that:

• Open the store file for which you need to have custom settings
  • Go to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Order Processing Automation" tab
  • In the field at the very top, "Program Settings", enter a filename for these custom settings.  It is advisable to use the name of the store file (an smg file) with the extension ".set".  So, for example, if you had the file "My Store.smg" open, SuperManager's windows title bar would read "SuperManager - My Store" and you would enter "My Store.set" in this field
  • Press 'Ok' to save and close the store settings
  • Go to "View", "Program Settings" and make the modifications you need for this particular store file, but don't close the program settings just yet
  • Choose the "Preferences" tab of the program settings and press the "Save As..." button
  • When SuperManager asks you for a filename to save the program settings to, locate the directory where your smg file is located (i.e. "My Store.smg" using the example above) and save the file using the filename you entered in the store settings above (i.e. "My Store.set" using the example above).

After You have followed these steps, SuperManager will open the program settings you entered for this file, but other files that do not have a program settings chosen for them in their store settings will continue to use the default program settings.  When you make changes to the program settings while this file is opened, they will be saved to this custom location and when you make changes to the program settings while a store file without a custom program settings they will be saved tot the default program settings.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com