News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Dazzle: Rejecting Addresses

Started by jabrein, April 04, 2013, 06:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

Hi,

We are seeing an increase in the quantity / frequency of rejected Addresses during our export of Addresses from SuperManager to Dazzle.

Per our Order Processor:
"When exporting via xml exchange to dazzle,  I have been getting rejected addresses that will not print labels. Dazzle gets stuck like the address is no good and I need to click cancel in dazzle to get it to do the other labels. Then it will send back via xml that it was rejected, but no reason why.

When I manually copy the address and paste in dazzle, the address almost always prints fine, which means it is the same address I was exporting that it rejected, but now seems to be accepting. It was only happening every once in a while, but is now happening daily and today I had 3 rejected. "

I do have the 3 order numbers from today that he indicated were rejected - but these were able to be manually entered into Dazzle without error.     Any high-level thoughts?   Or, if you need specific details on the addresses, please let me know.

Thanks!
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry you are facing this issue.  The first thing that comes to mind is if it has something to do with the addresses themselves or if it is just a hiccup in Dazzle's connection to the Endicia server.  Have you ever tried to export an order that fails a second time just to make sure the issue repeats itself for a given order that fails?  The other thing that comes to mind is if this is happening for orders of one ship method or some other thing they may have in common.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I had our order processor do as you suggested...     He took just one order that had failed during the Dazzle interface and only resent that 1 order.

The Address still failed during the 2nd "individual order" attempt.

So far, what I have seen is that all of these failures are tied to our 1st Class Mail shipping method  (although, we typically have the majority of orders with this shipping method process correctly).

When manually cutting / pasting the above order/address into Dazzle;  Dazzle accepted the address.   Although, Dazzle did change the zipcode from a 5 digit zipcode to a 9 digit zipcode.    This was the only change that Dazzle made to the address.

Would you have any additional thoughts or recommendations on how I should proceed?  (Or, are you familiar with anyone else having this issue).     I would think that the same address correction that Dazzle made when we manually cut / paste the address into Dazzle could also be done when they receive the data via an XML file....    or is that not necessarily true?

Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

You shouldn't have to do this because, as you said, the XML import should run through the same address verification as when you manually enter the address, but, let's try this...

Take one of those rejected shipments and right click on it in SuperManager and choose "Shipments", "Verify Addresses".  I'm just curious if it will export after doing that.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I was told that when doing this, Dazzle accepted the order / address.

David Johns

Jeff,

Ok - so that confirms it is a problem with address verification in Dazzle.  Next time you have this issue, before using SuperManager's address verification, please export the order as an XML file by right clicking and choosing "Export", "Orders XML" and send that to me so I can see if I can repeat this issue and if there is anything we can do about it on the SuperManager side.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I sent an XML file to info@   this morning.

Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

I got the orders you emailed to me.  I  you have "1st Class Mail (5 to 10 days)" mapped to "First Class Mail" for "XML Exchange - DAZzle/Endicia"?  Also, which template are you using for this ship method?  If you want to send me a screenshot similar to the one I've attached that would be a big help and would answer all those questions.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

Image attached.   Let me know if we have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks!

David Johns

Jeff,

Can you please tell me what layout template you have it using?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

Would you let me know where I would find that information.

Thanks!

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry about that.  Just go back to the screen you took the screenshot of and select "XML Exchange - Dazzle/Endicia" and it will be shown the field at the bottom of that screen.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Jeff,

Please send me that layout setting when you get a chance.  I thought of one more thing for you to check too.  In dazzle go to "Layout", "Delivery Address" and make sure the circled setting is checked.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I do not believe anything is mapped.   The bottom layout is blank (in which I believe it is mapped to the default).

I've attached an image.   (I'll respond to the Dazzle Layout Question in a separate response).

jabrein

In Regards to Dazzle>>Layout>>Delivery Address

My Order Processor cannot find where the "layout" component is within Dazzle.   He sent me a screen shot of his Dazzle GUI -  and I'm not sure if he is looking in the correct application.

What he sent me was an image of "DAZzle Designer - Quick Print" screen.   And from here, I'm not seeing anything tied to program set-up or an explicit "Layout" menu.     Sorry to make this so challenging...   

Should the "Layout" be located on the Menu Bar, Tool Bar, or is it a clickable button located somewhere within the Application?

Thanks!