Dazzle: Rejecting Addresses

Started by jabrein, April 04, 2013, 06:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry about that.  You have to switch to the "Design" tab in order for the layout menu to show up.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

Thanks!  I have verified that we already have the "Verify Address" check-box clicked.

Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

I found more settings.  I thought there would be more, but I couldn't find them earlier today.  Please also go into Dazzle and choose "File", "Preferences".  Then select the "Address Verification" tab and press the "Advanced" button.  Attach a screenshot or at least verify that your settings are exactly like these:
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

The posted image matches our settings.

David Johns

Jeff,

Okay, last bit of info I need.  Please open Dazzle and go to the "Layout" tab.  Then tell me what appears in the title bar of the dazzle window.  For example, for me it shows "DAZzle designer - Avery 5168 Label".  Then go to "File" and tell me all the layouts that are listed at the bottom of the file menu.  For me it has layouts 1 - 6 that I have used most recently listed.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Title Bar:   Dazzle Designer - priority mail shipping label

Files listed:
- priority mail shipping label
- large priority mail international shipping label
- com10
- anniver
- birthday
- dazzle

all are preceded by:
c:\users\public\documents\endicia\dazzle\

David Johns

Jeff,

I'm not sure what is going on.  You may need to contact Dazzle support.  I got the following results.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Thanks!

I'll have our order processor contact Dazzle to see if they can find anything from there end.   If there are any "ah-ha's!" ....    I'll let you know.

Thanks for the !
Regards,
Jeff

jabrein

Hi David,

Our Endicia / Dazzle contact indicated that some of our Orders are coming over as a "letter", whereas I believe we have the ShipMethod set up as "package".

It is odd....    we have mutliple orders shipping via the same ship-method, but Dazzle indicates the ones with errors are being received by Dazzle as "letters", not packages (although some are passed correct as packages).

Does this tidbit of info  at all as to where we can further research?

David Johns

jabrein,

That may help us figure out what is going on.  Please go to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Custom Fields" tab, then the "Package Types" tab.  Double click on each one and make sure that under "XML Exchange - Dazzle" that they are mapped to the appropriate value.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

My apologies, I didn't receive an email alert that a post was made on the forum for this topic - so I'm just following up now.

It appears all of our Package Types are set up correctly.

Here's some additional information.   When we submit our XML to Dazzle for USPS (packages) - we experience a failure rate anywhere between 25% to 50%.   In all instances Dazzle displays that what they received is a "letter"  (although we have confirmed it is not mapped in SM as such).    The odd part is that if we then highlight all of the failed orders in SuperManager, and then resend the XML to Dazzle without making any changes....    it accepts all the addresses with the correct package type.

This is a workaround, but I'm still hoping to resolve the error.  (Still not sure where the error occurs....    SM or Dazzle).   Each time we experience a failed address, USPS response still prints out a blank label....   which does have a "Cost" to each error.

Not sure if you may have heard of a similar issue in the past, but thought I should share.

Thanks!

David Johns

Jeff,

The next step is to figure out if Dazzle or SuperManager is erroneously switching the package type to letter.  Next time you have a failure like this, do this immediately after it occurs:

• In SuperManager, go to "View", "Program Settings...", click on the "XML Exchange Formats" tab and select "Dazzle/Endicia" from the list.
  • Look at the path given under "Dazzle import file" and navigate to the folder containing this file.  For example, in my case this is "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Endicia\DAZzle\xml\" so I open windows explorer (file viewer) and go to that folder.
  • In windows explorer switch the view to "Details" so you can see the modified date for all the files in that folder
  • Find the most recent .BAK file and attach that to an email and send it to me

This file will tell me exactly what instructions SuperManager gave Dazzle and from there we can trace it back to why this is happening.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

I sent the file directly to your email address.

Thanks!

David Johns

Jeff,

So in the Dazzle log does this show up as LETTER?  The input file specifies:
<PackageType>RECTPARCEL</PackageType>

So if it is trying to make it a LETTER package type, Dazzle is messing it up somehow.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Sorry I never replied....   but yes, Dazzle is marking it as "LETTER".    We've opened a ticket with Dazzle several weeks ago.   (Doesn't seem to be a priority on their end)  :(