Quickbooks POS 2013 - Can't connect to the database error 0x80045608

Started by justtoday, June 08, 2013, 11:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justtoday

I just changed to a new Widows 7 computer and QuickBooks POS 2013.  I made a fresh installation of SuperManger and updated it to the new beta release on 6/1/2013.   I keep getting this error with the XML Exchange - Error Connecting to QuickBooks POS: 0x80045608 Can't connect to the database. 

I have a network and set up SuperManager exactly the same - except for the QuickBooks POS Company - I changed to the current name shown in QuickBooks at the top.  I downloaded the patch noted in 11.2.a of the User Manual.  When I go  into Quickboks POS 2013 > Preferences > Company > Integrated Applications  SM  SuperManager.exe shows up. 

I really need to get this working soon.  Any help would be appreciated.   

justtoday

Also - I tried to manually find the data file under Accounting Export > QuickBooks file path (unless this is for QuickBooks Financial only - not POS).  I even did a search for any file with the extension qbw by using the Windows 7 file search box and entering *.qbw and just .qbw.  I could not find any files with that extenstion.

David Johns

There are two things that could be causing this problem:

• First of all, go to "View", "Program Settings" and select the "XML Exchange Formats" tab and choose "QuickBooks" from the list.  Then press the "Reset QuickBooks POS Version" button.  One of the requests that takes QuickBooks POS the longest to respond to for whatever reason is the request to find out which version it is.  For this reason, to save time in the interchange SuperManager stores the version it is talking to and if you upgrade to a new version you have to reset it there.
  • Secondly, if you change the name of your database you have to update the name in your SuperManager settings.  To do this, go to "View", "Store Settings" and select the "Accounting Export" tab and scroll down the list of "Export Options" until you find "QuickBooks POS Server" and "QuickBooks POS Company" and make sure those are up to date with your newest setup.  The "QuickBooks File Path" you were looking at only applies to QuickBooks, not to QuickBooks POS.

After updating these settings, please let me know if you are back in business.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

Thank you so much.  I had entered the Username of the computer with QuickBooks instead of the Network name.  All is working perfectly now.  (I was also confused about the word "server" versus the computer quickbooks was installed on - once I went into Network info and used the network name of the computer quickbooks was installed on that was the final fix.

justtoday

You are right about how long it takes too - not just exporting the data but using the lookup feature in  an alternate code for the variants options (actually it said "not responding" but I walked away for a while came back and it finally connected - I entered the remaining alternate codes manually)

David Johns

It usually only takes a long time the first time it connects.  Is every exchange between SuperManager and QuickBooks POS taking a really long time?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

I just exported another order - 1 order with 2 items - it took 2 minutes 7 seconds - during that time it said "connecting to QuickBooks", once it connected it was only a split second.

Under products I just did the lookup for 2 options for the same item number - both times it took over 2 minutes.

(Note:  around the 2 minute mark it says (not responding) on the top right -  Supermanager - sm backup (not responding)  - sm backup is what I called the file when I saved as I was looking my setup/data when I closed. 

So yes, every time I try to connect to QuickBooks it's taking over 2 minutes no matter what function I am trying to perform.  Once it connects to quickbooks it's extremely fast.

David Johns

That's a pain.  Can you please go back to "View", "Program Settings" and select the "XML Exchange Formats" tab and tell me exactly what the button says that starts with "Reset QuickBooks POS version:" says?  It should give you a version that SuperManager is expecting to connect to.  I just want to make sure it has properly figured out the version so it doesn't have to figure that out each time.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

When I press the button it just fades in color then goes back to full color.  I do not see any changes.  I pressed it two more times.  See attached jpg of screen shoot - no change.

David Johns

Sorry, I actually didn't intend for you to click the button.  I just need to know the text on it.  Please make another export to POS and then go back to that setting page and post a screenshot of the button after you have exported.  When it does any export it should detect the version and update your program settings with it so it doesn't have to update it for subsequent exports.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

David Johns

I put a new beta version out that may help me figure out what the issue is.  Can you please update to version 1.6.0.8 by using "Help", "Check for Updates" then try to export again.  It may just give you an error message and give you a list of the versions that are returned by POS.  If it does, can you please send me the exact message?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

It would not let me do a screen shot because the error box was open (I could only do one once I hit ok to the error message)

Error box - QuickBooks POS returned unexpected version list.

The box under programs - XML - QuickBooks POS still says the same thing as the images previously sent.

David Johns

Sorry, guess I should have said this, but didn't it give a version list?  That's actually what I was looking to see.  Note that you can copy what is on your screen to the clipboard to paste into another application (like paint) by pressing "prt sc" or even better, you can copy the window currently on top of all other windows by pressing alt-prt sc.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

For some reason I hit the control key and prtscn (old school I guess).

No version info was given