QuickBooks 2013 R7 Bug

Started by qbsrox, June 12, 2013, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

Anyone using QuickBooks 2013 should stay away from the recent R7 update that was recently rolled out, as it's caused a huge problem with 3rd party program connections.  There are several great blog posts that document this in great detail; I would suggest starting with this one:  http://www.sleeter.com/blog/2013/06/quickbooks-2013-r7-bug-still-a-problem/ 

The critical fix that was released by Intuit has not resolved the problems for many users, so you may have to reinstall your program completely if you are affected and can't wait.

This is an Intuit problem - not a SuperManager issue.  Intuit is working hard to resolve this.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Thanks so much for passing this along.  I was actually going to ask you about this because we ran into an issue working with someone the other day.  It turns out that with the production release (1.6.0.0) and earlier, it should still work - at least it did in their case.  But with the beta release it was producing a critical error and crashing both QuickBooks and SuperManager.

The reason for this is that version 1.6.0.0 of SuperManager and earlier is using older runtime libraries.  We had to update to new runtime libraries in the beta release to add support for InventorySites, which a couple of users said they needed.  Apparently Intuit doesn't make them like they used to :-) because the old libraries still work, but the new ones don't.

Bottom line, take Rox's advice and don't update QuickBooks 2013 to R7 for now, but even if you do, our limitted experience is it should still work with version 1.6.0.0 of SuperManager and earlier, but will not work with the beta version.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Here's what you get when you try to export with SuperManager 1.6.1.1 into QuickBooks 2013 R7.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Good News .... R8 is out for QuickBooks 2013.  I would wait a few days before I would recommend installing it; but in preliminary tests it seems to have fixed the various issues.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com