News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Risk: Blacklist email

Started by jabrein, August 12, 2013, 06:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

Good Day,

This is my first venture into trying to use the Risk settings within SuperManager.

I've set up a scenario that has a blacklist email address, and I have given it a score of 5.  I've added this email address to the "details" for this rule.

I've also set SuperManager to flag/highlight risk scores > 4.

I keep deleting / re-pulling in an order that has the email address that I have blacklisted...., but I have been unsuccessful getting SM to set the risk score of "5" to that order.  No risk score is being set  (the score has not changed in my Order Details summary view).

Would you have any thoughts / suggestions?    If you need additional information, let me know.

Thanks!
Jeff

jabrein

Also odd - Our Order Processor, who is running the most recent version of TheSuperManager (1.6.1.6)    cannot add / save any rules.

He is trying to add AVS rules/conditions.   But after entry, applying & saving -    when he goes back into the Risk Tool,   nothing has been saved.

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry you are having problems with that.  Glad you are making use of this relatively new feature.  It sounds like you are running into a similar problem reported by one other customer.  You should be able to get the blacklist rule to save by adding a blank rule before it.  For some reason the first rule seems to not save properly for some users.  We tried to repeat this issue on our test computers and couldn't repeat it, but now knowing others have this, we will look at it again since we know it is not just a weird fluke.

Add for it not working for you, can you please send me a screenshot of your settings? You can attach them to a reply post.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hey David,

One clarifying question.   When you say; "Add a blank rule before it".  I'm not sure what needs to be done.       

I tried adding a new risk before the blacklist.  (I added the type "Declined Charge" and left all of the values as blank).  This was set as my very first rule (and the blacklist rule followed).    Unfortunately,  This did not resolve my issue.    The blacklist email was still not flagged when I deleted and pulled back in the Order with the defined email address.

So, after my test...   I wasn't sure if I understood what needed to be done.   Let me know.   

David Johns

Jeff,

Just to make sure we are on the same page, please confirm that your settings look like the attached example.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Mine is very similar.  I've sent you an email with a screen shot of my current settings.

David Johns

Jeff,

Please make sure that there are no spaces before or after the email address on the risk factor details.  This will be improved in the next beta release, but the current release doesn't allow for spaces before or after the email(s) in this list.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

There are no spaces before, nor after, the email address.  Any other thoughts?

David Johns

Jeff,

I just released beta 1.6.1.7, which fixes two issues related to risk factors.  They may be part of this problem.  Can you please update and try it on the new beta?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

In regards to the Risk Factors / Blacklist functionality -   the BETA was successful.   It is working as expected --- Thanks!

I'll have our Order Processor test it out on their "Production" version of SM.

Regards,

David Johns

Jeff,

Great to hear.  Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com