Several Issues

Started by jabrein, September 09, 2013, 01:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

Hi David,

Tried using the Help>>Restart Browser today.    It helped for a bit, but we continued to have issues.

Since these issues seem unrelated to the original error for this thread, please feel free to move this post.

Today we ran into the following errors:
- Couldn't charge cards without multiple "errors".   Running the Help>>Restart Browser   helped, but only for a while.  We would encounter the issue again at a later time.

- While processing Dazzle Orders (prior to XML transmission), SuperManager unexpectedly closed.   (I checked our folders, and no recovered-file was created during this shut down).   Our Order Manager had to reprocess orders up to the point where SM crashed.

- While running our XML transmission with Dazzle, SuperManager shut down again.   When we restarted SuperManager, orders did not have the Dazzled Returned tracking number.   (Although, when we manually tried to force an XML file for 1 order, the Return XML was able to be found / processed by SM).

- While pushing Tracking Numbers to Yahoo! - we received the "Get Document Failed" error.   Even after restarting the Browser, we could not get this to work and had to manually copy / paste Tracking information.

- Risk Management.   On our Order Processor SuperManager - I am unable to get the Risk Tool to retain any risk settings set-up.    I'm working on the same version of SM at home on a different computer (and do not encounter the set-up issues that he has).

Our Business starts to realize increases in Orders starting mid-September through the end of 4th Quarter.   I'm hoping that you might have some time over the next week to  in identify these issues  (I'm not sure if it is just "us" and our existing Set-Up, or if it is tied to the newest BETA).

Let me know if you need anything from me.   And I'll try to get it to you ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

David Johns

Jeff,

Thanks for the detailed feedback.  Feedback like this certainly helps us find and fix problems.

In response to your points:
1. I'm not sure why it is, but some computers seem to have problems with getting internet explorer processes that stall in the background.  I've seen where these eventually lead to  internet explorer being unresponsive to SuperManager's requests.  It could be that your computer just suffers from this issue.  One thing I can recommend is checking your installed programs and looking for any other programs that would interface with internet explorer.  For example, a toolbar, ad blocker or certainly any spam-ware or ad-ware.  Google toolbar is not an issue, but we have run across others that can cause problems like this.  It wouldn't hurt to check your installed programs just to make sure you don't come across something.

2 and 3. After restarting SuperManager when you did XML exchange with this order again did it go without problem?

BTW - here's a trick if you loose tracking numbers that you have imported and then were lost in a crash like this:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,961.0.html
The important thing is that if you have already updated the tracking numbers to Yahoo, when it asks "Do you want to send these shipment updates out?" you should choose "No", otherwise your customers may receive a second email.

4. This may not directly address the issue, but it sounds like you are using "Update To Yahoo".  I would strongly recommend you either choose "Yes" when asked if you want to send shipping updates out or right click and choose "Shipments", "Update Shipment Status".  This sends the tracking updates via email instead and wouldn't use the browser at all.  However, this doesn't address an issue like this occurring in an instance where you need to update billing address, shipping address, items or totals back to Yahoo.  However, that is the only reason I would recommend using that feature.  This issue may be resolved by the item above related to other software installed.

5. Please try this to see if it helps.  It could be that your program settings are not saving at all.  Please go to "View", "Program Settings..." and press the "Save" button.  If it says "Unable to save settings", in windows explorer (file viewer) go to "C:\ProgramData\SuperManager" and rename "SuperManager.set" to "SuperManager_old.set".  Then try to press the "Save" button again in SuperManager's program settings.  If that then reports "Saved settings" then that may resolve the issue.  Let me know if it saves the first time (before deleting the current settings file) and we'll look at other options for why they aren't saving properly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi Dave,

Order Processor has indicated he hasn't installed any "new" programs that would be causing this since installing the newest SM Update.

A couple new issues that occurred today:

- While "Saving" SuperManager >>  received error "unknown error while trying to save".

- When sending XML file to UPS; received error message "The WorldShip XMP Import path has not been specified.  Please set this by going to..... ".          Verified location,  location had changed.

- Right now, we are getting error messages for almost everything we do.  (Printing receipts with newly occurring Print Preview pop-ups, charging cards with a newly occurring pre-authorization window pop-up, shipped order via dazzle - with newly occuring new pop-up asking if we want to send out Shipping Updates, etc.)

Would you be willing to take some time to do a Go-To meeting with our Order Processor to view some of these issues?    He has indicated he can be available at any time during our normal business hours (7:30am Central - 5pm Central).   

Let me know.

jabrein

I think several of the pop-ups are tied to our SM crashing multiple times, and the settings reverting to defaults. 

We still would like to meet with you at the earliest to review / resolve.    Feel free to email me directly for coordinating date / time.

Thanks!

jabrein

All of his Export Formats   are also now missing.

Is it possible that during one of the crashes ---  it caused everything either to be set to default status (or the whole application is pointing to incorrect folders) ?

David Johns

Sorry - I don't know why, but my forum notification emails keep going to my spam folder so I am not getting them until I clean out my spam folder at the end of the day.  I'll figure out how to get that fixed.  More importantly, though, I would be happy to meet with you tomorrow to take a look at what is going on.  I'll plan on calling around 10:30 or 11:00 am CST.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

No problems.   I am not getting any notifications for this thread  (not sure why).

I sent you contact information via an email.   Please note, Adam sent an update for his phone number (I messed it up).   

Talk to you soon.

jabrein

Hi David,

Thanks for  us with these issues.   I wanted to report they we did not encounter any issues when processing orders today over the weekend.

The only thing that I can think of is that I saw (Yahoo Store Forums) that several stores were reporting recent API issues with Yahoo.   I wonder if we were a store impacted, but were only seeing issues with SuperManager.  (Just a guess).      It appears our SM issues disappeared around the same time that Yahoo! was resolving the reported API issues.

Dunno.

Regardless, SM seems to be working fine for us over the last couple of days.
REgards.

David Johns

Jeff,

I suppose its possible the issues were at least in part connected.  In any case - glad things are working a lot more smoothly for you now.  As discussed on Saturday, please keep the feedback coming if/when you run into issues and/or if you have useability feedback about how SuperManager could make your business processes easier!

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com