News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Most recent product update messed up...

Started by mbcarr1975, November 18, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

I updated our products to the database last night and today our products are coming over with incorrect weights. We are having to manually modify every order before sending to the shipping software.

There are a bunch of products with $0.00 unit price and there were 5000 blank line items that I deleted.  There are also a bunch of hidden items that should not be hidden...

The product import from Yahoo appears to not be working correctly.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

I tested this and can't repeat the issues you are having.  It could have been a Yahoo server error.  There is one thing you could check.  Please go to "View", "Store Settings" on the "Shipping" tab and make sure the weight units are set appropriately.  It could be that the weights are just being  to be in a unit that they should not be.

Products are hidden if their price is set to $0.00.  Does this rule not work in your case?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

No, that rule is not working. I have hidden items that have a price and are orderable in the store. It looks like all of my section and info pages are being uploaded into the product database as products. This is new...never ysed to happen.

I also see that or supplier list was duplicated. I have 2 listings for every supplier. I started to delete duplicates, but then the  products lost their links to the suppliers.

I can try downloading the product file again...I am concerned that it will just compound the issue...hiw do I correct the Supplier issue?

Is there a way to download a database of the products that includes all the fields shown on a product screen...fill in the info manually and then reupload into SM? Then, when I update products from Yahoo, I can ignore existing products. Right now, all if the work I do to add information inSm us wioed oyt when I update the product status from Yahoo.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

Sorry this has been a pain for you.  I might need to take a look at your exact file.  You could create a temporary file and delete all the orders out of it so that no customer information is sent to me.  To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to "File", "Save As" and save your file as "Temp" on your desktop or somewhere else that it will be easy to find.
2. Go to "View", "Orders" and select the "All" tab
3. Press ctrl-A to select all orders and then press del to delete all of your orders
4. Go to "View", "Admin"
5. Right click on each account and choose "Delete" so that all your accounts and batches are deleted.
6. Press ctrl-S to save this temporary file.  When you do this it will give a warning that the file you are saving is much smaller than the last time you saved.  That's ok, just press ok.
7. Go to your windows desktop and right click on the file "Temp.smg" and choose "Send To", "Compressed (zipped) Folder"
8. Email me the file Temp.zip
9. Go back to SuperManager and choose "File", then select the name of your original file from the list of files at the bottom of the menu
10. Delete the files Temp.smg and Temp.sbk and Temp.zip from your desktop.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Michele,

I got your file.  It looks like these issues stem from having several of your products defined in more than one store.  SuperManager matches products by product-id.  If the same product-id exists in more than one store, it will overwrite it from the store whose products are imported last.

Could it be that the weights are only defined in one store, but not the other?

It could be the same situation with the products flipping back and forth between shown and hidden if the products are marked not orderable in one store.

As for the supplier issue, one thing we can do is to make it check if the supplier is referenced and if it is, allow you to choose the supplier to move product variants under.  This would allow you to safely delete the duplicates.  That will at least give us a workaround while we figure out how the duplicates are getting there.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Michele,

In answer to your offline question, yes, you can make it so that SuperManager only downloads products from one of your stores.  To do this, go to "View", "Store Settings" and look at the "Stores" tab.  Select each store that you do not want products downloaded from and uncheck the "Update Products" check in the "Include In" box.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com