News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Stamps.com Import File Error Message

Started by discountdressshop, January 21, 2014, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discountdressshop

As of last week, I have been receiving an error popup message when I attempt to import the CSV file (tracking information) from Stamps.com into SM.  The error says, "Unable to  'Priority Mail' to field 'shipment_weight' on data line  (See attachment.)   Everything was working fine until recently.  Please help!

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

It sounds like either Stamps.com changed their file format or the export format in your SuperManager program settings has been changed.  I'm guessing Stamps.com has changed their file format.  If you want to send me a sample file, I can send you the export format you should be using.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

Hi David,

Attached is the CSV I exported from Stamps.com

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Give this a try.

• Save the attached file (Stamps.com New.smx) to your computer
  • In SuperManager, go to "View", "Program Settings" and press the "Import..." button inside the "Import/Export Formats" box.
  • Locate the Stamps.com New.smx file you saved to your computer and select it when the file chooser dialog comes up
  • If prompted, choose to overwrite the existing Stamps.com import

If the input you were previously using was called "Stamps.com" you can proceed as you did in the past.  If not, make sure to choose "File", "Import", "Stamps.com" to import the files from Stamps.com.

This should work for you.  Please let us know either way.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

Hi David,

I may have missed it, but was there an attachment or link I can download the file you mentioned to me?

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Right below the words "Thanks, David" in my post above, there is a link to an attachment called "Stamps.com New.smx"
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

Hi David,

I've check in 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE), but do not see a link attachment above the words, "Thanks David" or anywhere around your signature for that matter.

Can you email it to me?  info@discountdressshop.com or repost it again?

David Johns

Jeremy,

I didn't realize this until now, but found out you have to be logged in to the forum to see attachments.  Please make sure you are logged in.  I'll also email it to you just in case.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

discountdressshop

Hi David,

That's weird, but I was logged in, which is the only way I can post something in the forum.

Anyhow, I received the file you sent to me and followed the directions you posted, however I received an error box message (-2060) when I attempted to import the file.  See attachment.

One good piece of news is that I am able to see the link you posted near your name.  Weird, but I can see it now for some reason.

Now what?

discountdressshop

Latest update:

Ignore the previous post about trouble importing the smx file you gave to me.

What I tried doing was downloading the link you provided in your earlier post and then importing that file into SM.  A dialog box popped up asking me to replace the file which I said yes.

However after importing the file you provided, I attempted to import the CSV file from stamps.com into SM, but I still receive the same error message as in my first post.

Jeremy

David Johns

Jeremy,

Apparently the file I posted was not correct.  Here is an updated one.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com