News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Credit for Paypal not Working : Abandoned

Started by ddc, February 13, 2015, 06:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddc

Hi,

We are getting an error message when processing a PayPal credit. This is the first time we've seen this.  We are using the latest version of SM.

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

Thanks for reporting the problem.  Do you know if this occurs for more than just this particular order?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

Sorry, haven't had any other PayPal credits lately. Will let you know if we do and have the same problem.

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

ddc

Hi David,

Had another order with the same problem.  It appears to be any order that we attempt a Paypal credit.   

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

I've tried to repeat this behavior and can't get the results you are observing.  When you get a chance to try this again, can you please follow these steps:
1. Attempt to issue the credit, as before
2. Immediately after you get this blank error message press ctrl-shift-e in SuperManager.  This will bring up an internet explorer window that will show you the page SuperManager is seeing when the error occurred.  Please send me a screenshot of this page.
3. In that explorer window, press the back button and send me a screenshot of that page as well with the "Process through PayPal" box visible so I can see all the buttons available for this order.
4. Go back to SuperManager and press ctrl-shift-e again to hide the window.

I'm hoping this will expose the problem and hopefully identify what we need to do to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

When I hit ctrl+shift+e nothing happens.?

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

I was just reminded that ctrl-shift-e will do nothing if you are in limited access mode and don't have "Allow manual login to store manager" enabled.  It prevents the user from allowing the browser to pop up without this permission since someone could just display the hidden browser and be logged into the store manager automatically.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

I am in limited access mode and have manual login enabled & still nothing happens.  It is happening on both of our machines, although both have Windows 8.1. 

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

The browser will not come up when using that combo if there is something else going on at the time (ex: downloading orders, charging orders, etc...).  You may try opening SuperManager and immediately pressing that combo, which should pop up the browser that SuperManager will use, then issue the credit, then look at the browser window to see where SuperManager gets stuck in the process.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

David,

I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm not getting any response with ctrl+shft+e. And I get the same behavior from both machines.  Still only getting that pop-up image I included with original post. Maybe you can login remotely? Email or call when you have time.

Thanks,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com