SM Error Message with Amazon

Started by jabrein, March 02, 2015, 05:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

We installed a new version of SM over the weekend.  We are now receiving the following error message when trying to import Amazon orders.

" The MWS Developer key and/or Secret have not been set.......  "

I do not believe we had these fields within our previous version of SM.  Any thoughts?      We need to pull in Weekend orders, and would love to resolve this as early as possible.

Thanks!

jabrein

I'm Seeing information in SM Manual.   May not be an issue and just something we need to set up.   I'll post back shortly.

jabrein

Yeah-  These 2 fields were not in the SM>Store Settings for Amazon in previous versions....   :
Developer Key The value next to "AWS Access Key ID" obtained as described above
Developer Secret The value next to "Secret Key" obtained as described above

Is this information that SM had static information set behind the scenes (not visible to merchants) in the past?

I checked on Amazon and they indicate these are required fields.   They are also new fields in SM for Amazon Store set-up.

Per Amazon, the only way to attain these details is to reapply for the API.  (which, I don't want to embark on until I hear back from SM).

Thanks!

jabrein

Per Amazon's help page:

Q: I need my Seller ID, Marketplace ID, MWS Authorization Token, Developer Account Number, Access Key ID, and my Secret Key to use MWS. Where do I find these?
When you sign up to use MWS these account identifiers and credentials are displayed on the final page of the registration. You must make a note of them or go through the registration process a second time so they will be displayed again. It is also a good practice to print the final page of the registration and store it in a safe place.

David Johns

jabrein,

Sorry, we put this note in our release notes that pop up in the browser when you update, but we may need to find a way that makes messages like this more apparent:

Important Note: This version introduces a new authentication mechanism for Amazon stores. This new authentication will be required for all Amazon stores starting on 31-Mar-2015. After installing this beta, you will be required to obtain your own Amazon Merchant Web Services developer key and developer secret. After obtaing your key, you will have to create a new merchant ID and marketplace ID. All four of these credentials will need to be entered in your SuperManager store settings. After entering these settings, you will be able to continue using SuperManager as before. For instructions on obtaining the developer credentials, install the update, then choose "Help", "User's Manual" and jump to section 6.1.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Do you have the steps involved with obtaining an Amazon Developer Key / Secret?    Is it the normal MWS access flow?    I'm trying it, but thought I would ask (in case you knew).

jabrein

Found it.  It was part of the "set up my own Store MWS flow".

Thx.

David Johns

QuoteFor instructions on obtaining the developer credentials, install the update, then choose "Help", "User's Manual" and jump to section 6.1.

Are you getting different options than those stated in that section?  If you are running into problems completing those steps, please let me know the step where the problem starts.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

I am not getting different options from the manual.    (Just rushing through set-up and communications back to the post so that we can process orders before our morning pick-up).

The manual is accurate.

alpinedynamics

I went through the Amazon flow and the final page provides: Seller ID, Marketplace ID and MWS Auth Token. Does not provide Developer Key or Developer Secret. Attached is the last page I get. I need to download my orders and can't since updating my software.

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

This most likely means you selected an option other than "I want to access my own Amazon seller account with MWS." at the first prompt.  You might try running back through the steps and making sure you select that option.  Let me know if that fixes it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

That worked. So, why does page 18 of the manual say to: Choose the option "I want to use an application to access my Amazon seller account with MWS.", enter "The SuperManager" as the application name...

??

David Johns

Glad it is working for you now.

The latest version of our manual does have the right option to choose.  We updated the manual on 22-Feb just after we released the update that required this different option.  We try to keep the manual up to date with the latest features of SuperManager.  You can always access the latest version of the manual by choosing "Help", "User's Manual" from SuperManager's main menu.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

I think I'm using the manual from your link on thesupermanager.com that goes to the manual. I'll use the help link in the future.

David Johns

That link goes to same document.  I'm guessing it's a cache issue.  You might try loading it and clicking refresh to see if it's showing you a cached version from a couple months or more ago.  You might have to do the same thing after choosing that option I'm the SuperManager menu.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com