Error: when trying to use xml exchange for dazzle

Started by alpinedynamics, April 21, 2015, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpinedynamics

It says:  the file C:\Users\Public\Documents\Endicia\DAZzle\xml\ may be opened by dazzle. First, process the previous file with dazzle and then re-export.

I looked in that directory and there's no file there.

I'm trying to print a label.

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

It seems your Dazzle path got messed up somehow.  Please follow these steps:

• Go to "View", "Program Settings" and choose the "XML Exchange Formats" tab
  • With "Dazzle\Endicia" selected from the list of formats (usually its the one already selected), press the "Get Default Path" button

This should populate a path very similar to the one you currently have in your settings, except that it will have a filename appended to it, usually "sm-dazzle.xml".

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

That fixed it. Thanks. One other Q: several months ago when we used the DaZzle functionality last it exported to DaZzle but did not immediately print. We had to view the shipments in DaZzle and then execute there. Afterwords it would transfer the data back to SM. Is there a way to require that manual intervention still?

David Johns

Great!

There are a couple things you might need to check.  First, in SuperManager:

• Go to "View", "Program Settings" and choose the "XML Exchange Formats" tab
  • With "Dazzle\Endicia" selected from the list of formats (usually its the one already selected), check the "Open DAZzle on XML exchange" option

Secondly, in DAZzle:

• Click on "Postage Options" on the main toolbar. This should bring up a settings window.
  • Select the "Premium Service Options" tab
  • Check the option "Monitor this directory for XML files"
  • Make sure the folder entered in the box below that option matches the folder (not including the file name) for the path entered in the SuperManager settings

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

alpinedynamics

You're still responding to my first Q? Because it seemed to work great after doing your first response. The only thing is now that print jobs go immediately to our printer (as per my last post).

David Johns

Sorry, I guess I read it too fast.  I was looking for how to make it NOT require manual intervention.  I missed that you wanted it to have the manual intervention.

You could turn on print prompting in DAZzle by going back to that SuperManager settings page and enabling print prompting.

HOWEVER, an important note about print prompting...It does not let you modify the information in the shipment and print it with the modifications you made.  If you proceed with printing the label, it will be with the exact settings sent from SuperManager.  This is unfortunately how Endicia designed the print prompting to work.  It doesn't really make sense and we have pointed that out to them, but it is how it works.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com