Yahoo! timed out.

Started by jabrein, January 09, 2015, 03:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

I have been unable to sync SuperManager with Yahoo this morning.

I keep getting the "Yahoo! timed out. Please try your request again." error.     

Just finished installing update 1.6.9.0,  but still repeatedly receive this error.

I'll try again in an hour or so, but thought I should post.

jabrein

Still not getting in.     error message has changed to "unable to connect to yahoo".

Went through some of the "tutorial" for this error message, but no luck.

I'm using Windows Vista, which has a comparability up-to IE 9

jabrein

Our Order Processor is indicating that he cannot get Tracking Details to update to Yahoo Order Manager.  He is also getting Yahoo Time Out error messages.

(He is using a Different Operating System / IE version).

David Johns

We've gotten a report from one other customer having a problem with the yahoo API not responding.  It seems to be a yahoo server issue.  Hopefully it will clear up shortly.  However, you may want to try suggestions here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1164.0.html

Please keep posting with status updates.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

The link you referenced is what I was referring to in a previous post when I said "Went through some of the "tutorial" for this error message, but no luck."

I'll report back if it hasn't cleared up by this afternoon.

jabrein

Hmmm.  I think I resolved the issue.

So, I was not able to get into Yahoo.   And, I don't recall if you remember, but I had emailed back in early December that I was not able to download Amazon orders.   (I hadn't been able to for at least 1 month +).

Well, while trying to figure out today why I constantly kept getting Yahoo Time-Out / Cannot Connect issues.  I stumbled onto a solution.

In Internet Explorer >> Tools >> Internet Options >> Advanced 
My TLS option was "unchecked".

I checked it and applied/saved.

After doing this, I was able to access Yahoo and pull in orders.   In addition, I was able to successfully pull in Amazon orders for the 1st time in over a month.

Not sure if somehow my TLS option was changed at some point.... or what?   But, I am now currently accessing Yahoo & Amazon orders.

Regards,

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com