Yahoo store orders corrupted during charge out: Fixed - Beta 1.7.1.2

Started by bobbininc, May 29, 2015, 01:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

We had two Yahoo store orders corrupted when we attempted to charge them this afternoon. The corruption was significant, including all of the items, the total amount of the order, and the expiration date for the credit card. We were able to recover by updating the Yahoo Store record from the Supermanager file, then calling the customer to get the expiration date.

This has never happened to us before. It may be related to the updates: we had previously updated to version 1.7.0.9, so our orders were downloaded from Yahoo to Supermanager using that version this morning. This afternoon we updated to version 1.7.1.0, then charged our orders.

This is a potential serious problem, as one of the corrupted orders was changed to a balance of over $3,000, and only failed the charge because it asked about the authorization, and we caught the error at that point.

Is there any way to determine if we are "out of the woods" since we have now upgraded to version 1.7.1.0?

David Johns

bobbininc,

Sorry about the hassle this caused you.  We should be out of the woods on this issue.  A couple of questions, however to follow-up on this.

Did you update these orders to Yahoo using SuperManager before charging them?  If so, can you explain your process so I can understand why updating to Yahoo would be required within your process?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

One of the orders had a change - the customer asked for a change in the shipping method that changed the amount we needed to charge for shipping. The change was made, the Yahoo store order was updated from Supermanager, and then we later charged the order when we encountered the problem.

The other order was not changed, just charged, and the problem occurred during charging.

We normally update the Yahoo store record from Supermanager whenever we change the order, usually when the customer requests a change (items added or deleted, shipping changed to or from an expedited method). The charge is done later in the day, once all orders are packed and ready to go.

I noticed that that API now seems to include everything about downloading, changing, and charging orders. I think that this would help eliminate problems like this, since Yahoo is less likely to make unannounced changes to an API. Have any problems been reported with the API since Yahoo made their improvements? I could not find anything posted in the Forum about any API recent issues.

Regards,

Steve Ostroskey

David Johns

Steve,

We'll take another look at that and see if there is a potential for problems with charging.  Yes, we do recommend switching over to the Yahoo API for download, charging and updating shipment status.  Unfortunately the API does not currently cover updating changes to the orders wholistically at this time.  But switching over to it should certainly prevent any problems from occurring whiole charging.

Here is a link for how to switch over:
http://blog.thesupermanager.com/supermanager-updated-to-take-advantage-of-yahoo-api-improvements/

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Steve,

We took another look at it and can't see a way that the charging function alone could corrupt the orders.  If you haven't already switched over to using the API for charging orders, please check one order at a time for a few orders and make sure it doesn't cause any problems.  I certainly don't expect that it could.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com