One of our three stores has stopped printing out gift messages...

Started by mbcarr1975, July 29, 2015, 11:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

Our LMG site has stopped printing out gift messages on either the Yahoo Store order report or the packing slip report.

We use the exact same report for the other 2 stores and they are okay.  Something changed in one of our custom settings on the one store during the update process.

The problem is that we don't even know there is a gift message missing, so this is something that needs to be addressed quickly. If you could tell me what to look for...?...

Thanks.

Michele
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

Are you seeing the gift messages in SuperManager, but they are not getting populated on the reports or they are not making it into SuperManager in the first place?

You mentioned something about "custom setting".  Did you mean by that you use custom address or order variables you have setup in Yahoo to collect the gift message?  Or is the gift message just going into the standard Yahoo gift message field?  In SuperManager you could tell this by opening the order details for an order that you know has a gift message and seeing if it shows up on the "Gift Message" tab on the bottom right corner of the details window or on the "Custom" tab.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

The gift message is coming oveer to SM. It is just not printing on the reports...only on the one store. Oddly, the eord "off" prints out on th report.

We use a custom field for the gift message.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

We fixed this by using the variable
bill_custom[GiftMessage]bill_custom[Gift-Message]
as opposed to what was in the report template, bill_custom1.  This references the custom variable storing the gift message by name as opposed to by position in the list of custom variables.  Apparently the API is sending over GiftMessage/Gift-Message in a different place on the list for the different stores.  By referencing it by name we were able to get the right data regardless of their location on the list.  We are using the two names back to back like that because some of your stores have a hyphen in the Gift-Message field and some don't.  This way it works in both cases.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

Linda Satterfield

I am having the same problem with the gift message template.  The gift message is not printing out.  I used the bill_custom[GiftMessage]bill_custom[Gift-Message] and replaced the order_gift_message in the template we use and it did not help.  Is this something to do with the switch to API recently?  Suggestions? 

David Johns

Linda,

Depending on how you have your gift messages set up on Yahoo, this could change between the conventional way of downloading orders and the API.  In Michele's case, she had her stores set up to collect a gift message into a custom address field.  Yahoo also has a native feature to collect a gift message.  I worked with someone else last week who was trying to use this approach.  The API documentation includes a tag for passing the gift message collected this way, however, at least in the case of that customer the Yahoo API was not sending the data collected to SuperManager.  I believe he contacted Yahoo to let them know there was an issue with that.  However, I didn't hear back.

To let me help you debug this issue in your case, can you please go in SuperManager to an order that you know has a gift message and double click on it.  Then, go to the bottom right corner of the details screen and select the "Gift Message" tab and send me a screenshot of that.  Then, select the "Custom" tab in the same area and send me a screenshot of that as well.  Once you get me those screenshots, I can let you know if there is a variable you can use or if you will need to contact Yahoo to let them know there is an issue for you with the API as well.

Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com