Cannot export order info to QB via XML.

Started by mbcarr1975, July 29, 2015, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

A new problem has cropped up tonight.

We can no longer export our orders to QB via XML.  QB is open, but SM does not seem to recognize that it is open. I have restarted the browser, restarted SM and rebooted the entire computer. Still the smae issue.  This is brand new tonight. 

I have attached a screenshot of the error box.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

To document how we got this working in case it helps your or someone else in the future, here is what we did:

1. Went to the windows control panel and choose "Uninstall a Program" and uninstalled QBFC5.0, which is the old version of the QuickBooks connection libraries.
2. Went in QuickBooks to "Edit", "Preferences" and switched to the "Integrated Applications" tab and removed all "The SuperManager" entries.  This resets the integrated application settings and makes it so you have to re-approve the access of SuperManager to QuickBooks.  This happens automatically the next time you export.

By doing these two things, we got it working.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

Should someone move to a new computer - this answer (with one other change) was the answer to my connection to database error

I moved my software to a different computer (including importing my quickbooks data from my backup file from the old computer).

I copied my SuperManager database from the other computer too.

I tried just changing my Export quickbooks server, I tried fresh download of Supermanager without using my backup data.

Nothing worked until I tried the answer to this - I removed SuperManager from the Integrated Applications in Quickbooks (and changed my store settings/ accounting export / pos server name to the name of my current computer).  All is working great now.

David Johns

Glad this worked for you. Thanks for sharing!

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com