News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Beta 1.1.1.4 Bugs : Fixed - Beta 1.1.1.5

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, July 19, 2006, 04:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hi David,

Well I found just a couple minor bugs in the new beta so far.

1) When you use Germany as the Country of Origin the country code is suppose to be DE and it says "Invalid Country Code" instead when exporting. Please let me know where there is a correct for this as I have a product that is made in Germany that I have to remember to correct each time it goes to FedEx. Ok. The problem is deeper than that. It turns out it doesn't save the Country of Origin on my new products. Let me know if you want me to send you the files for testing.

2) When you tab through the fields if you select anything other than Visa (my default) and then fill in the credit card number it goes back and says it is an invalid credit card and asks you to select from a list. This is similar to what happened with the shipping method that you fixed. This is on manual orders as I haven't found a need to change credit cards on Internet orders.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have looked into the first issue and can't repeat it.  Did you set the country of origin by inputting it in the product details screen or did you import it using a text file?  Here is what I tried:

- Tried setting the country of origin for a product to Germany.  Saved the file and re-opened it and it had Germany as the country of origin still.
- Tried setting my country in the store settings to "Canada" and repeated the same excersize.  It still worked.
- Tried exporting the product using a simple product export with just product_code <tab> product_origin_country_code.  It exported as it was supposed to.
- Tried importing the product origin countries of all of my products to set them to Germany.  This also worked.

Please tell me exactly how you are trying to set the product origin country and I'm sure there must be something I have overlooked.

For the second point - I was able to repeat this problem.  I will correct this asap and roll out a new beta for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Hi David,

Found another issue I am having. I keep getting the error that the transaction is not positive number (sorry not exact message) when I try and xml to QB. I am trying to find the reason why (group product, etc.) and can't seem to pin point it. The last one I had was 885. Any ideas on what to look for as I process all my transactions the same way and so they must all be positive.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

This sounds like the same issue you had here: http://thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=111.msg416#msg416.  Did my explanation there help you find the problem?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Thanks for sending your file.  It turns out the two issues are related.  I fixed one last night and it resolved the other as well.  After you change the value on these autocomplete dropdown boxes you had to hit enter to make the change effective.  I have fixed this in a new beta that I will send out if there aren't any other problems we have to address with your QB issue.  So as a workaround until I release the new beta type Germany (or enough to make it autocomplete) then hit the enter key.  Then it will save it properly.

Sorry about this incovenience and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Hey David,

Good to see I am not the only one who gets up early and is in the office. The fix you gave me worked perfectly with the Germany issue. I can't test the MasterCard issue until I get another manual order for that card. I will let you know if it doesn't work though.

Thanks a bunch.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Can you tell me the settings you have on your "Program Settings" | "XML Exchange Formats" under "QuickBooks".  Just fill in the blanks below:

- Use batch number as reference number:
- Export all items with generic name:
- Create customers for order exports:
- Use order number as reference number:
- Export items as inventoried items:
- Mark Receipts/Invoices to be Printed:
- Customer name for Batches:
- Customer name for Orders:
- Memo field for exported orders:

I tested it in the US and Canadian versions and the problem order exported OK.  I need to get your settings to see if there is something different.  Also - I think we are on the same QB version - QuickBooks Premier Edition 2006?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Here are the settings

- Use batch number as reference number: no check
- Export all items with generic name: no check
- Create customers for order exports: no check
- Use order number as reference number: checked
- Export items as inventoried items: checked
- Mark Receipts/Invoices to be Printed: no check
- Customer name for Batches: SuperManager Import
- Customer name for Orders: SuperManager Customer
- Memo field for exported orders: Internet order order_id

Could it be the company name throughing things off. The one where the error occured had a company name. I can securely send you the two files (sm and qb) so you can test with that one invoice. Just let me know.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

qbsrox

The one that won't export and gives you the the message 'the transaction must be positive' .... I get these when credits or exchanges have been made; sometimes with coupons/discounts as well.  Did that order have any exchanges, discounts, coupons, or gift certificates?

It depends on how the information comes down from Yahoo ... if at any time the order falls below -0- (even though the end result is correct), the SDK will throw that error and not import the order.  You can either manually change the order in SuperManager ... for instance the sequence of line items, or manually input the order into QB's.  I know Dave & Mike are working on a better way, but a lot of this is related to Yahoo and QB's and not the SuperManager.

Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

Hi QBsrox,

I just download the new orders and then charge them. Then xml import them into QB. The great majority of my orders go in ok but there is just a few that haven't since the latest beta. I am watching it now to try and figure out a constant (as there is always one).

I will let you know when I find it. Thanks for the tips.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

qbsrox

Nathan,

Feel free to call me Rox  :-)

You are right that there is always a constant .... sometimes really hidden though!  Backorders is another thing ... QB's is strange with this; literally if at any point the SR or Deposit falls below -0- it will fail. 

Keep us posted,
Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Nathan,

I guess I do need you to www.sendthisfile.com the QBW file to me.  I can't duplicate the problem with a test QBW file.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Another issue. I get this error message when trying to update an order after I have taken the last name which they put on the Company Name field and put it back on the name field.

"An unknown error had occured"

I updated the order on the web and then did an update to Yahoo on SM and didn't get the error.

Any ideas?

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

I just sent you the 2 files securely. They were sent from my personal email address which has my name on it.

Nathan Freedman...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

I looked at your QuickBooks file and figured out what the problem was.  The item in the order is linking to an item group.  Unfortunately in QuickBooks you cannot  a price to an item group.  Since your group just consists of two items totalling $199.98, but you have other things that are included (but not in the QuickBooks group) that bring the price up to $219.87 and your customer paid that much QuickBooks thinks the customer has paid more than they ough.  There are two ways to resolve this:

1. You can delete the group and create an Inventory  instead - QuickBooks allows a price to be  to these.

2. You can add another item to the group to make the total for the group $219.87.  From looking at your website it looks like it is the shipping that makes it more.  You will have to add a shipping item for $39.99 to your item list and add it to the group.  Now the tricky thing about your setup - what if someone gets the 2 day express shipping?  The SuperManager will know the price difference, but QuickBooks offers no way to get that information.  So if you want to stick with a group you should really add a shipping item for $89.99 and then manually change it for the orders that get standard shipping.  I think you  will agree with me after reading this that the best option is to use an inventory .

Now - I had missed the other error you mentioned until now.  After updating the order manually if you try to update it again does the same thing happen?  Does it do this on other orders too?  Since I already have your files would it be okay if I tried it myself to debug the problem realtime?  If so what order should I try it on?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com