Problem capturing Paypal payments on Yahoo/Luminate store

Started by bobbininc, March 01, 2016, 11:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbininc

I cannot capture my Paypal payments in one of my stores. The error message is "Error making order transaction: Luminate returned gateway error message 'You do not have permission to make this API call.' ". Note that these are the first attempts to capture since installing the latest version of Supermanager on Friday. However, we have another store with an identical setup, and it is capturing the Paypal transactions correctly. I did double-check the API key expiration, and it should be all set until June (the one-year anniversary of establishing the API in SuperManager).  Can you help?

Steve Ostroskey
Bobbin Inc.

David Johns

Steve,

Please confirm that the API token you are using has permissions to use the payments API.  What you are describing could happen if the token you are using had access to the orders, but not payments API.  You can find this by going to the list of tokens in the Aabaco store manager under "Real-time links" then "API settings".

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

I think the correct options are selected (see below screen capture). Am I missing something?

David Johns

This looks correct.  There are two other options.

First, do you have to enter your PayPal API credentials into the Aabaco store manager?  If so, are you sure these settings are correct?

Second, can you verify, do you have a PayPal account in SuperManager on the admin screen?  If so, double click on it and make sure the type is set to Luminate.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

I do not know of anywhere in Aabaco that I need to enter Paypal API credentials. I do need entries in the "Payment Center" (see below)

The Paypal entry in the Admin screen was missing when I first discovered the problem. I have replaced it, but there is no "Luminate" entry, only "Yahoo". This matches the setting on the other store that is having no problems.

Steve

David Johns

I guess in these you blanked out your PayPal ID.  When you click on "Add/Edit Payment Options" does it have your PayPal API credentials in there?  I would have thought Aabaco would need the API credentials somehow, but perhaps they have a special integration worked out.

As for the account type in SuperManager, "Yahoo" is the correct setting.  I guess we need to update that to be consistent.  At this point, however, it's hard to know what name to use, since I think they are still working out the details on who they are?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

I did blank out the merchant number and the Paypal IDs in the attachment; they are both present in the settings. I was nervous about leaving those fields in a forum where others could see them, although theoretically nothing can be done on either without the proper passwords.

Note that we can go to the Yahoo store and capture these transactions. It is only when we attempt to capture them with SuperManager that an error occurs. There is one difference in the setup with this store (compared to the working interface on the EmbroiderThis store). I have a call in to Paypal support to see if I can eliminate this difference (Paypal Payments Pro is set up, even though we are using another merchant processor for credit card transactions).

I will also ask Paypal support if there is some sort of API credentials that need to be established, even though I cannot remember using any when we established Paypal on these sites.

Is there anything else that you can think of the might cause this error on this store, but allow the same apparent setup to work on my other store?

David Johns

Totally understood and smart about removing the ID - just needing to verify.

I'm guessing the API must transfer the payment to PayPal differently than the store manager interface does.  I'm wondering if getting PayPal payments pro setup for your other store is what you need in order for it to work like the other one.

I don't think there is anything on the SuperManager side that could cause this.

Thanks
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

bobbininc

David,

This is no longer a problem, it started working again today. I did nothing, so I do not know what caused the fix. So, we can declare this one fixed, although I hate IT mystery "cures" because they have a nasty habit of re-appearing.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

David Johns

Steve,

Glad the problem went away.  Please post back if it reoccurs.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com