News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Can I easily save a database template?

Started by qbsrox, May 17, 2006, 06:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

I thought I did this correctly; I wanted to set up a second database for another store ... all the settings would be the same (account mappings and such).  So I did File>New and it asked me if I wanted to save the settings; I said Yes.

The new database opened and I went in and changed the store information and was able to get the products ok, but not the Yahoo batches or orders.  It came up with 'invalid store id.'  I've checked it several times and it seems right; is there another way to do it that makes it easier then setting it up from scratch?

Thanks,
Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

The method you described sounds correct.  There is one thing I can think of right off that could be causing this.  If you are accessing the new store using a different username than the previous one you will need to make sure The SuperManager signs out of Yahoo! store each time it closes the file.  This option is found under "View" | "Program Settings..." on the "Preferences" tab.  Make sure the "Logout of Yahoo! when store file is closed" setting is checked.  Otherwise The SuperManager is not able to log out for you before trying to log in as the other user required for the new file.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com