News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Error Downloading Orders....

Started by normyoshida, April 30, 2018, 10:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

normyoshida

Getting this message when trying to download....  "Error Downloading Orders: Too Many Requests: Rate Limit Exceeded. Check the retry-after header for details on when to try your request again.

Please advise.  Norman

normyoshida

Was able to download some of the orders by using "Get Orders" and specifying an individual date lie (ie: 30 Apr 18 t0 30 Apr 18).

Cannot download the 26th or 27th.  These dates have numerous orders pending. Continue to get error download orders notice.

N

David Johns

Norman,

What store platform are you on?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Americommerce

Was able to download the orders late last night.   Download each day individually using the "Actions" , "Get Orders" tab.

N

normyoshida

I am getting this error again.  It seems to happen when too many orders are in the que.  Can this be adjusted?   

normyoshida

Error message attached.   

There must be some kind of delay from Americart in responding to SM requests.  Please advise.  Norman

David Johns

Norm,

When you say you are on Americommerce do you mean SparkPay?  The SparkPay integration is supposed to be able to handle the rate limiting.  Do you see the "throttling...x seconds" message come up in the status bar or is this not working properly?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Yes it is SparkPay.  Americommerce bought it back from Sparkpay recently.

Yes the throttling x seconds appears in the bottom left corner.  It counts down 5. 4....1   then the error message appears.

N

David Johns

Norman,

I took another look at it and think I figured out what could be causing this.  SparkPay's server returns a "Retry After" header that SuperManager was using to calculate how long it needed to wait.  We noticed in some of our testing that sometimes the date returned by the server and the "Retry After" headers were on different clocks.  We thought we had a robust way to get around this issue.  I made an adjustment that I think will solve the problem.  Please update to 1.9.9.7 and let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

normyoshida

Ok will give it a try and let you know.  Tks,  N

normyoshida

David,
Thank you.  I was able to download orders with no issues. Norm