editing & creating custom invoices

Started by jordan, August 25, 2006, 07:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordan

Hey all -

Just installed The Super Manager program and needed a little help. I'm trying to edit a few things on the Invoice. I'm not fluent in HTML either... I need to change it to say "Sales Receipt" instead of "Invoice" and I need to do some configuring with the Product ID box.  (I need the SKU to show up)

Any help would be marvelous

Thanks!

David Johns

Jordan,

SuperManager report templates can be editted with any html editor.  There are several available, such as dreamweaver, frontpage and word that require little if any understanding of programming.  With these types of programs it is more like laying out a document.

The only key things to know about editting templates are the following:

1. Default templates are copied to C:\Program Files\SuperManager or wherever you install The SuperManager when it is installed.

2. Enter the order, address and billing variables shown in the appendix of the user's manual whenever you want a field variable inserted into the invoice.  The templates that come with The SuperManager will give you a good example to start with.

3. If you want item information to be substituted just create a table row and The SuperManager will automatically create a copy of the row for each item.  Again - use the default templates to see an example of that.

4. After you have completed your custom template add it to your store settings under "View" | "Store Settings" | "Reports"

If you have any detailed questions feel free to post them on the forum and we will answer them quickly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jordant

Thanks David...I got it working.   :wink:

Now about the SKU question I had...

In the Order Details Screen ... If the customer orders only 1 item, the item's SKU will appear in the Item Code box. For example: MM44535-017 will appear. If the same customer were to order more than 1 item...the SKU will not show up in the Item Code box. It will just say "None" I'm not sure how to correct this.

Thanks!

David Johns

Jordan,

Glad you got the reports working.  When you say the SKU is not showing up, do you mean on a report, such as an invoice?  If so, please email the template you are using to us and we will try it out here to see if we can figure out what is wrong.

Another thing you can look at is on the item details screen.  Is the item code being showed on the item list there?  To get to this screen just double click on an order on the main order list found at "View" | "Orders".

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com