Logging in... : Already Included

Started by Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com, July 24, 2006, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Hi,

We process alot of orders and all I see each time I do something is logging into Yahoo. Is there a way of keeping it logging in (like it stays even when I close a browser) since this would greatly improve the speed of SM. Thoughts? Might be a technical issue why it logs in each time.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

David Johns

Nathan,

This message in the status bar might be a bit misleading.  What it actually does is attempt to open your store manager.  If it is not able to get there it goes through the full log in process.  In other words it is not really logging in each time.  It does keep a connection open and re-use it.  This is just a blanket status bar text for whenever it is getting to your store manager, whether or not that requires a login.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Ok thanks. Any idea whether Yahoo is looking at going xml instead of you having to look like a browser clicking though (I am  this is how it is setup for most functions). Does the getting orders function just do a XML dump or is it done by masking the browser?

Just curious and to see if there are any tips on speeding up SM.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Yes - The SuperManager powers a browser to work with the Yahoo! Store interface.  For downloading orders it does us xml, but has to get into the store manager and request the xml to be exported.  For uploading changes to the Yahoo! Store manager there is an xml sent via email interface that allows some of the data to be changed.  We use it to update the tracking numbers in your store manager.  This interface, however, does not offer the updating of all the data that the Update To Yahoo feature allows and it is much slower.  The SuperManager sends the xml near instantaneously, however, from our experience it can take up to 20 minutes for Yahoo!'s servers to recieve, parse and update the information.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Excellent. Hopefully Yahoo will get more xml interfacing and get rid of the browser issue thus making it faster. I should note that SM is very quick and I am just waiting for it to slow down due to the number of orders in the system (a good thing). I know I can fix that issue by only storing so much data but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

David Johns

Nathan,

Just to point you in the right direction we do offer an Archive function in the "File" menu to help you move older orders out of your active file to one that you can store away for safe keeping.  Depending on the number of orders per day you recieve you will probably want to come up with a time interval at which you archive old orders and clean them out of your current file.  For example archive them every year or six months or something and just keep the archived .smg files in a directory you can quickly access if necessary.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com