Exporting Orders to Quickbooks POS with different tax rates getting errors

Started by justtoday, March 15, 2021, 07:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justtoday

I read a couple different posts (http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,1120.msg4919.html#msg4919) and still can not get this to work.

I need to be able to export orders to Quickbooks POS with a wide variety of sales tax rates but I end up having to delete the tax from every order with taxes before exporting to QB POS or else I receive an error.  Exmaple "The receipt is not balanced. Undefined amount is -1.19" where 1.19 is the sales tax amount.  I tried changing the tax name in SuperManager, QB POS settings and the individual items and I still get the same error.

With my Big Commerce store I now also have Amazon sales and a wide variety of tax rates.

For my needs (at this time), I do not need the tax imported to QB POS so I either need a way to not import the sales tax from Big Commerce to SM or I need a way to export into QB POS and not get the error.  Spending time every night removing the tax field from every order is not working for me.

David Johns

We added a setting for Amazon orders where you can have SuperManager ignore tax totals. When you check this option in the store settings, SuperManager does not import the tax totals for Amazon orders. We later implemented this for Shopify orders as well as some users were having the same problem with Shopify orders. We could extend this setting to BigCommerce if that's what you need.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

justtoday

I would love that to be extended to Big Commerce.  My Amazon orders come via my Big Commerce store so there is not way for SM to know it's an Amazon order.
Thanks
Connie

David Johns

Connie,

We just released a beta update over the weekend that includes this capability. You should be able to use "Help", "Check for Updates" to install this new version, then once installed, go to "View", "Store Settings", select your Big Commerce store and check the new "Ignore Tax Totals" option. Once checking this all orders downloaded will exclude the tax totals. Note that this won't apply to any orders already in SuperManager - only ones downloaded after this option is checked.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com