Address Validation? : Added - Beta 1.1.2.4

Started by EricE, September 05, 2006, 09:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

Any chance for SM to validate address when entered either manually or imported?

Validation meaning format / city, state, zip etc..

Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

David Johns

Eric,

This is one that has been on our development plan.  With enough customer interest it could be bumped up to the nearterm.  Are there any others interested in this capability?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

I am not sure how far you want to go with this. Of course it would be great to flag the order somehow if the zip code didn't match the city but then again how much does that matter when FedEx, etc. will just correct it upon destination. What other gains in doing this am I missing?

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

EricE

In our experience we have found that by having the address validation at either time of import from the Y-Store or manual entry significantly cut down on issues later down the road with misspelled streets, cities etc.

At the very least i would like to see the system de-code the zip code and automatically add the city / state when entering a manual order. Just is a big time saver and eliminates one less data-entry issue..
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

Good stuff. Actually looking at our last FedEx bill there is almost $90 in charges for change of address requests (customers are not suppose to be able to change them but FedEx still let's then and we get charged for it, 1 case of fraud happened this way). So yes anything to cut down that cost would be great.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

EricE

That is one of the few reasons we dumped FedEx!!!

My belief is that the more we can automate and remove the chance of human error in relation to address and inventory the better off we are..

The other nice feature with address validation is that you will immediately know if it is a residential address or commercial .. with some carriers it makes a difference in terms of shipping cost.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

I actually am loving FedEx and I think alot of it has to do with our rep. Of course we are keeping an eye on the little issues to make sure they don't become big issues but we don't have much fraud to start with (low dollar items).

We don't care about the residential/commercial thing as we just send everything commercial and know that FedEx will put the $2 charge on their if it's residential. We charge for shipping based on the product and that is why. Also shipping is a profit centre for us. I checked out your website (I drive a Dodge 2500 HD) and can see why it's a big factor for you. Great looking website btw.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

EricE

Ah, profit center from shipping.. now that would be a change.

I am in the process of putting my motorcycle accessory retail side of the business to "sleep". Not worth the effort anymore, thus another reason we are launching two new niche sites.

I don't have enough to keep me busy..  :-D
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

qbsrox

Eric,

You are just be modest ... my gosh you've posted more on here in the last two weeks than I've seen you post on all the other sites in two years .. lolol!  Lots of GREAT ideas ... you LOVE to be busy  :-D

Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

EricE

Now Rox. Dont go around telling people that I actually do post in online forums.. It would be bad for me..

The difference with the SM forums is that we have an active, educated group of people who appreciate what David and Mike have done thus far and believe in their abilities and allow us to provide suggestions for enhancements and the programmers listen and dont give excuses and workarounds.

I've gotten more out of these guys with enhancements in the last WEEK then i have had in 2 years from that other place..
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

David Johns

Eric,

This capability has been added to beta 1.1.2.4.  I have sent you a notification to update.  Please give us any feedback you have.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com