1.1.2.2 - Login time

Started by EricE, September 05, 2006, 09:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

As a new user to SM I wanted to find out any tips or tricks for decreasing the inital login time for SM.  I've found it takes around 2 minutes when opening up SM and logging into the Y Store..  Not sure if this is normal or ??

First thing I did was created an individual login for each y-store for SM to use. I've found that using an ID that is only tied to one store helped descrease the inital time.

Any other tips or tricks to help speed it up?
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

David Johns

Eric,

2 minutes is not the typical wait time for SM to login.  Typically I can open SM and download ~100 orders in less than a minute.  Did making the modifications to your internet settings that you described on the other post greatly increase the login time?  Are you still dealing with slow login?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricE

Hi David,

Before I made the changes to my IE settings I was unable to login to Y-Store at all, SM would just sit there.

It seems when running credit cards and or talking to Y-Store in general through SM there is latency. You can hear the IE clicks in the background while it is logging in and or processing CC; unsure what else could be causing the latency.

I had it installed on a number of machines and all of them seem to have this issue with the two y-stores.

Other than those little things the program is working great.. As you can tell it's our first day with the software in production..  Much easier to use than our previous software; the best part is that this software actually works as advertised   :-D
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Eric,
A quick question for you.  Are you using the same Yahoo ID in the supermanager for both stores?  If you are using different yahoo id's then it could be logging out unneccessarily.

Mike

EricE

Hi Mike,

Actually this problem is happening on either store when open.

Example - Employee "A" is responsible for store "A" and they keep SM open all day for that specific store, they are not switching between stores.

I on the other hand go between both stores, I tried to use my personal Yahoo ID which is tied to multiple stores and that didn't seem to work too well, thus we created individual accounts for each store which seemed to help decrease some of the initial latency we were experiencing.

This morning I processed a couple of manual orders and for some reason it took SM around a minute to process the credit card for each manual order.  Not sure if we are doing something wrong or if we have a configuration issue that could be causing this..
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

qbsrox

Just a note ... I have the same log-in for numerous stores and I haven't run into any problems with speed so far; but I don't run the cc processing function.

Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com