Download from QB ?

Started by ajentp, September 20, 2006, 08:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

Is it possible to download items from QB to SM.?

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

This is currently not possible.  Is this an urgent need or a nice to have?  If there is sufficient interest from the user base this could be added.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

I guess if I can add items in SM, then we do not need it.

However when i tried to add items in SM, I was unable to set item code. Is there any way I can set item code.

The reason we need to add item in SM to match with QB. Some of our itemsĀ  are single items on Yahoo store, but actually they are combination of items in QB.

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

Probably the best way to handle this is to create an item group in QuickBooks with the Yahoo product code as the name.  Then you can add whatever QuickBooks items are a part of it.  SuperManager will recognize the group as the item it should link to as long as the name is consistant with the product code or is filled in as the "Alternative Product Code" for the product.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Just one quick note ... there is Groups and  in QuickBooks; it seems Groups tend to work better.

Rox :-)

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

ajentp

Well, actually we knew this option in QB. We already have tried it. Didn't work exactly as we wanted. The reason is that products has upgrade options. For example a chess set consist of chess men and chess board. This can be one group of product. However Customer can upgrade chess board to chess storage case and this will make problem.

Anyway. I guess we will do what we have been doing so far-- Changed manually in QB.

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

SuperManager could handle this.  If the case is added with an option you will end up with at least two product variants, one with the case and one without.  You can map the two product variants to two different item groups in QuickBooks.

To create the product variants bring this product up in the product details screen.  Click on the button to "Create All Variants" if the variants are not yet in the order.  Then select each one and  it an "Alternative Product Code" to use for the item group.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com