News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Multiple Income Accounts

Started by qbsrox, September 25, 2006, 12:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

Another feature I would love to see would be the ability to  multiple accounts for Income, COGS, Inventory , etc.  It could either be at the Item level or Categories could be created and grouped that way.

An example:

Category would = Clothing
All items in that category would be  to:
Sales - Clothing
COGS - Clothing
Inventory  - Clothing

Category = Gifts
All items in that Category would be  to:
Sales - Gifts
COGS - Gifts
Inventory  - Gifts

OR ... at the Item Level each item could be  accordingly (or variant). 
Sales - Clothing
Sales - Gifts
Sales - Misc.

Inventory  (could have multiple or just one)

COGS - either breakdown or just have the normal ones for Merchandise, Shipping, etc.

There are a million ways this could be used and either option would work; as long as many items could be  at once.  There would still be the default accounts in the set-up so any items that were added on the fly would always be  to those main accounts or the default is used period unless otherwise specified. 

I realize this is a big undertaking, but it was something I wanted to throw out there for a future version  8-)

Thanks!
Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

We will certainly consider this.  We have a lot of development going on right now.  We are continually trying to prioritize development to the needs of our customers.  Since we have a lot of people using the QB exports and this is the first time it has been brought up I am currently  it is a lower priority.  Everyone, please chime in to let me know if this is something you need and it will be bumped up in priority.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Thanks for adding it to the list  :-)  It's  not a high priority for sure, it's a nicety instead of a necessity really. 

I know you guys are working like crazy, the development of the program the last 6-8 months has been amazing!  You guys have really been wonderfully responsive at adding needed enhancements and the program just gets better and better along the way.

I think it will be a good enhancement somewhere along the way; Nathan, Eric and I are just making sure you guys have a continuing list ... lolol!

Thanks!
Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com