News:

SMF - Just Installed

COGS

Started by ajentp, October 03, 2006, 09:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

I noticed that items which are created by SM in my QB do not apply to Cost Of Good Sold account. I check my setting, Cost Of Good Sold Account is set for Cost Of Good Sold, however item does not show up in COGS.

Any suggestion please.

Ahsan

qbsrox

Ashan,

Do you mean that no actual cost is showing up in your COGs account, right?  The item is linked and shows up there, but no cost is what I'm .

The reason is when SuperManager adds an item on the fly during import it can set up the item, description, accounts, etc., but it has no idea how much you paid for it.  When you enter the bills or checks for those items be sure be sure to enter the item details of purchase; then go back to your COGS report and you will see the everything is hitting correctly.

Now if you already had a price  with the item, or if you have entered cost information along the way, then it's something else.

Hope that helps,
Rox :-)

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Ahsan,

Further to Rox's point the product cost is set to 0.00 when a new product is imported into The SuperManager.  Once you change this value it should correctly export it to QuickBooks.  Once the product is created in QuickBooks, however, SuperManager cannot overwrite it.  You will have to change it manually.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com