New Icon for Items Exported to QB : Added - Beta 1.4.4.7

Started by EricE, October 10, 2006, 09:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricE

We have multiple people whom work in our SM files and will export the orders to QB; unfortunately we have yet to find a way to identify orders that have already been exported; would it be possible for SM to automatically mark the orders with a different icon once they have been successfully exported?

Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.PremierTruckAccessories.com
www.RAMSRT10.com
www.GCSRT8Performance.com

David Johns

Eric,

We could consider this.  Note, however, that The SuperManager does scan for items that have already been exported and give you a warning when an order has already been exported.  You can choose 'Yes' to continue to export it anyway, 'No' to skip that one order or 'Cancel' to skip all repeat orders.  So you should be able to select all the orders on your open tab, for example, export them and choose 'Cancel' and only the orders that have not yet been exported will export.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricE

Hi David,

Yes, I am familiar with how the system will advise us if an order has already been exported.

My suggestion for this feature was to eliminate the time it takes to export the orders; while the system is able to scan and determine which orders already exist in QB and can skip them, depending on the volume of orders any particular store may have, it just adds to the time it takes to export the orders and when you have multiple people whom may handle exporting of orders to the accounting software having an icon or maybe a different color on the exiting icon to indicate it has been exported would be a time saver for everyone involved.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

qbsrox

Or maybe a checkmark beside the ones that have been exported?  It's great that it scans and skips duplicates, but it can take some time.  The other problem I ran into recently was the same sales receipt numbers; so I skipped some I actually wanted imported -- the numbers were from a previous system.  That is a very rare thing to happen though.

I'm not sure how hard it is to change icon colors or add a checkmark field, but it would be a nice feature sometime in the future; it's not  a necessity, but a 'niceity' on my list.  In your spare time  8-).

Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox - how would it be to have "spare time"?  I know you know what I mean.

In all seriousness, though - we will consider this option.  I know that for many users exporting to QuickBooks is one of the major steps in the process and we will consider options to make it more obvious when this has been done.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Nathan - AsSeenOnTVChannel.com

Ok and while we are on process control. I have 4 processes. Billing, shipping, Emailing and QB export (accounting). The first 2 are taken care of automatically but yes I would also like a tab that had the other two options. That way I could ultimately get rid of my papertrail. That is once I trust my employees not to mess things up but that's another story.

Does anyone else still use a paper check system for each order? Just curious since it is really time consuming to stamp each step when it's done. Great for training people though.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com
http://www..com

EricE

Hi Nathan,

Unfortunately my brother still uses a paper trail for all the orders, either telephone or y-store.   I agree that a process control and various other tabs and or icon indicators would greatly enhance the program and hopefully eliminate the need for paper trails.

Personally I don't use any sort of paper trail. I personally hate paper / pens. Old technology  :-D   I have my own methods to track the status of orders and am using alot of exporting reports to Excel in which I run some macro's and end up with an excel spreadsheet that will provide me with a clear view of where each order stands.

Yes,  I am a geek.  :evil:
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

David Johns

Eric, Nathan,

In an upcoming beta we will be adding an exported true/false field.  We may be able to add it as a checkmark on the order list.  If not we will certainly make it one of the SuperFilter fields so you can quickly pull up all orders that have not been exported.  Sound ok?

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

My thought would be another icon just like what you get when the order comes in, you the process it and it changes to another icon, then you ship it and it changes to another icon, another icon for sent shipping info to yahoo and another one exported to qb as that is the final process. It needs to be a quick look on one screen in my opinion to be efficient. What do you think Eric and Rox?

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

EricE

Nathan,

Sounds good to me.  Creating a "process flow" icon set would be very beneficial; in addition to the immediate benefit for current users, this would be a great tool for marketing purposes as well.

Let's get an affiliate program started   :-D

Once we get enough "power users" and regulars on this forum, i would encourage a small get together somewhere over a weekend or something to share ideas / tips / tricks etc..
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

qbsrox

Yes, a user meeting would be great when it get's bigger ... I vote for someplace warm though :-)

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

EricE

Phoenix in the middle of July should be warm enough for you  :evil:
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

I could do Phoenix as I used to live in Sedona. I love it out there. I don't care what time of the year it is but makes more sense for me in the Winter. Perhaps a online chat with an agenda would be in order for now. I am actually going through some pretty extensive online marketing campaigns and couching right now would be willing to share my experiences in a couple of months. I have been doing this a while but feel that I am lacking a bit of knowledge in the organic (free) search marketing.

Nathan...
Nathan Freedman
.com

EricE

Marketing... ah yes... I am loosing allot of money in that area right now...   

Just not enough time in the day to get everything done..  was trying to outsource some work and as usual that was a disaster..

Rox - Send your boys out here.. I have a job  or two for them  :-o  Cash...

When i am able to focus and concentrate, we do pretty well with organic searches, of course with Yahoo / MSN changing their algorithms every other second, Google almost seems easy to keep up with.
Eric
Serial Entrepreneur

More to come Soon!
www.RAMSRT10.com

qbsrox

I LOVE the idea of the process flow/icons ... but for now I would be thrilled with a field that shows 'exported' in some way :-)

An on-line users chat is also a really good idea!  A basic outline and a timeframe; but allow for enough time for 'free flow' chat about various ideas?  I did something with the guys along that line the other night and that worked out nice .... all 3 of us were online and typing like mad  :-D  Or even a gotomeeting type of thing.

Eric ... I'm afraid my boys might drive you nuts .... lololol ... I think they will be heading to Lackland TX before to long  :cry:  I'm trying to hold out until after the Holidays though.

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com