Printing Out Custom Fields

Started by mbcarr1975, October 21, 2006, 09:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

We include gift messages with out products, but do not offer gift wrapping. Yahoo Merchant does not allow separation of the gift wrapping option from a gift message so I have set up a custom field on the shipping page for "Gift Message" and have hidden the standard Yahoo "Gift Message" field.

My question is this. How do I get the custom Gift Message text to print out on the packing slip I have created. I have tried the SM variable "shipping_custom", but the gift message does not appear.

Thanks for the help!

Michele
Top Notch Gift
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

qbsrox

Michele,

I don't know the answer to this ... but can't wait to find out, I'm sure the guys will have a great solution :-) 

I'm so glad everything is going ok now - I think there was a computer 'gremlin' lurking somewhere  8-)

Rox

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Michele,

Just to clarify are you using "shipping custom"  or "ship_custom".  The latter is the correct variable to us.  I beleive this should work.  Let me know if not.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Yes, I am using "ship_custom", but text does not print out.

When I use "order_gift_message" I can get the message to print out as long as I copy it from my custom field tab in SM to the Gift Message Tab, but I would like to find a way for it to print rather than having to copy and paste each time.

-Michele
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

Can you please email me the template you are trying to use?  I will test it here and see if I get the same thing.  I tried adding ship_custom to an email template and it replaces it just fine.  Maybe it is something particular to the invoice?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com