UPS business vs. residential addresses : Added - Beta 1.1.4.2

Started by finnstyle, November 09, 2006, 07:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

There is a check box in SuperManager next to each address for whether or not it is residential, but when I import orders to UPS, nothing shows up as residential. Is there a way to have this exported as well?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

crypter

It doesn't work. We ended up making a new shipping method within SuperManager called Commercial. Then changed the shipping to that on commercial orders.

David Johns

finnstyle, crypter,

This should work.  I will look into that and see if there is something that is not working as expected.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

You should be able to get this to export to UPS by adding the variable "order_ship_residential" somewhere in the export format.  This is found under "View" | "Program Settings" | "Export Formats".  Then select the UPS export and add the variable somewhere to the format in the bottom box of the export format dialog.  I added it right after the address.  Here is the format after making this addition:

Header:
"SERVICETYPE","BILLINGOPTION","RECIPIENTEMAILADDRESS","CUSTOMERID","COMPANYORNAME",
"STREETADDRESS","STREETADDRESS2","COUNTRY","POSTALZIPCODE","CITY","STATE","RESIDENTIALFLAG",
"TELEPHONE","PACKAGINGTYPE","WEIGHT","INSUREDVALUEOPTION","INSUREDVALUEAMOUNT","QVNOPTION"

Line:
"order_ship_class","Prepaid","order_email",order_id,"ship_first_name ship_last_name",
"ship_address1","ship_address2","ship_country","ship_zip","ship_city","ship_state","order_ship_residential",
"ship_phone_number","Package",shipment_weight_pound,"Yes",shipment_value,"No"

(Remove carraige returns)

After doing this you will have to export a file and then update the mapping of the fields in UPS as described in the manual.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

crypter

David Johns

Yes.  You will just have to add the order_ship_residential variable somewhere in the export you use for FedEx and relink the variables inside FedEx ShipManager so it is expecting it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Would I be able to add a variable for the business name the same way? That seems like it might be a bit more problematic as UPS wants the customer's name in a different field (contact) if there's a business. How would I go about doing that?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

finnstyle

I finally got around to doing this today and it didn't work. I copied the variables just like you have them, but everything is still coming through as a business.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I have noticed that sometimes when making change to the format UPS seems to have a hard time updating to the new changes.  For example at your place when we went to add the shipment value to the export I had to play with the settings a few times before UPS finally acknowleged the change to the format.  I would be happy to play with it over GoToMyPC or equivalent.  Let me know if there is a good time for me to do that over the phone and via application sharing with you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

I will talk to Ben about the GoToMyPC thing...

you mentioned the shipment value being imported from SM. That doesn't seem to be happening any more. Is that because we're not inputting the weights directly into supermanager? (it's much simpler just to do it when printing labels, since we usually need to adjust the insurance value, business v. residential, and add the business name)
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

That shouldn't be tied to the weights at all.  I'll have to take a look at why that isn't working when I get a chance to hopefully come in and take a look.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Everything seems to be working now except I still have to copy the business name into the address field to get it to show up in UPS.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I have the new variables "ship_company_or_name" and "ship_attention" available in beta 1.1.4.2, which we will be releasing shortly.  That should solve that problem for you.  I'll let you know when it is available.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

1.1.4.2 is now released.  You can update to it by using the check for updates feature.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

This still isn't working, even with the new beta... don't I have to change some variable mapping or some such?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com