UPS business vs. residential addresses : Added - Beta 1.1.4.2

Started by finnstyle, November 09, 2006, 07:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Johns

finnstyle,

Yes - you have to incorporate the new variables into the export format for it to work the way you want.  Here is what you will have to do:

1. Go to "View" | "Program Settings..." and select the "Export Formats" tab.
2. Select the "UPS" export
3. In the header box enter:
"ShipmentInformationServiceType", "ShipmentInformationBillingOption", "ShipToEmailAddress", "PackageReference1", "ShipToCompanyOrName", "ShipToStreetAddress", "ShipToAddress2", "ShipToCountry", "ShipToPostalZipCode", "ShipToCity", "ShipToStateProv", "ShipToResidentialIndicator", "ShipToTelephone", "PackagePackageType", "PackageWeight", "PackageDeclaredValueOption", "PackageDeclaredValueAmount", "PackageQVNOption"
4. In the bottom box enter:
"order_ship_class", "Prepaid", "order_email", order_id, "ship_name", "ship_address1", "ship_address2", "ship_country", "ship_zip", "ship_city", "ship_state", "order_ship_residential", "ship_phone_number", "Package", shipment_weight, "Yes", shipment_value, "No"
5. Delete the file SuperManager exports to UPS worldship (we will re-create it)
6. Select an order that needs to go to WorldShip and export it (to re-create the file)
7. Go to WorldShip and select "UPS Online Connect", then "Create/Edit Map"
8. Select the SM2UPS map and re-map all the variables.  They are all named to easily match them to their UPS counterpart data fields.  For example, "ShipmentInformationServiceType" is in the "Shipment Information" drop down and is the "Service Type" field.  This mapping process is explained in the user's manual here: http://www.thesupermanager.com/sm_usersmanual.pdf#63

I can also do this for you later this afternoon if you need me to.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

All of those variables are already mapped... I'm confused as to how this changes anything.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Sorry - there is a mistake in the lines I gave you.  It should read:

"ShipmentInformationServiceType", "ShipmentInformationBillingOption", "ShipToEmailAddress", "PackageReference1", "ShipToCompanyOrName", "ShipToAttention", "ShipToStreetAddress", "ShipToAddress2", "ShipToCountry", "ShipToPostalZipCode", "ShipToCity", "ShipToStateProv", "ShipToResidentialIndicator", "ShipToTelephone", "PackagePackageType", "PackageWeight", "PackageDeclaredValueOption", "PackageDeclaredValueAmount", "PackageQVNOption"

"order_ship_class", "Prepaid", "order_email", order_id, "ship_company_or_name", "ship_attention", "ship_address1", "ship_address2", "ship_country", "ship_zip", "ship_city", "ship_state", "order_ship_residential", "ship_phone_number", "Package", shipment_weight, "Yes", shipment_value, "No"

once changing that out and repeating the process at least ShipToAttention should be unmatched and some of the others may be messed up.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Now all the companies come in with "_or_name" appended to the end, and names just come in as "_or_name"
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

You are right.  I will get a new beta out to correct this problem within 24 hours.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Version 1.1.4.3 is now ready.  Use the check for updates feature to install it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com