Variable for credit : Added - Beta 1.1.3.4

Started by ajentp, November 09, 2006, 09:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajentp

Hi david,

Is there any variable for credit applied to the customer. I tried order_credit but does not work. Couldn't find in the manual either.

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

There is currently not a variable specifically for the credits/discounts applied.  There are the variables "total_name" and "total_amount" that can be used to give repeating rows of all the totals.  Ex: on the invoice these are used to give a full list of all the totals, including subtotal, taxes, etc.  Credits would be included in this.  This could be added if necessary.  Would you want it to include all discounts and coupons?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

David,

I found atleast one use for credit variable. When we receive return merchandise, we apply credit to customer account and send a preformatted e-mail with one click. The e-mail contains the amount of credit, which offcourse concerned most to a customer.

At this moment, we still send the pre formatted e-mail, but have to manually enter the credit amount in there.

A good business should not use such e-mail template very often, however still (I think) having such variable would be nice.

Thanks & Regards

Ahsan

David Johns

Ahsan,

I think I misunderstood at first.  What you are looking for is the amount creditted back to the credit card.  Not credits applied to the subtotal.  Is that right?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Yes that's right david. The amount credit back to the customer for any reason such as return order. Any help?

Thanks

Ahsan

David Johns

Yes - we can add that.  We'll keep you posted.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Ahsan,

This has been added to beta 1.1.3.4.  You will be receiving an email telling you to update.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com