Quickbooks runtime : Fixed - Version 1.1.7.6

Started by jlaperch, November 28, 2006, 12:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlaperch

my sm keeps barking at me for license info but more importantly...it won't export via xml to quickbooks anymore.  It says the qb runtime is installed wrong...asks me to download it.  I re-install, restart...etc etc

same thing...can't get it to work and it has in the past.

thanks

qbsrox

What version of QuickBooks and have you installed any QB patches or upgraded to IE7?

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

jlaperch

i am running ie 7 and qb pro 6.  The problem did not come after these were installed...in fact it was working great.  The problem came after i tried to install a beta of super manager.  Then i couldn't get the xml connection to work anymore.

The error is somewhat different now though...now it says..
"error connecting to quickbooks..(hex address)....qbxmlrp2 com component"

David Johns

John,

Try resetting the application permissions in QuickBooks by going to Preferences and removing SuperManager from the allowed add-ins.  Then close QuickBooks and SuperManager and re-opening them.  Then try it again.  Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jlaperch

not listed as an integrated application..

David Johns

John,

Just to confirm, you go to "Edit" | "Preferences..." and choose "Integrated Applications" from the list on the left, then the "Company Preferences" tab and "The SuperManager" is not on the list?

Also, make sure the option above the list "Don't allow any applications to access this company file" is unchecked.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jlaperch

confirmed...not listed and prefs are correct

qbsrox

Ok, something is very strange ... if it was working then SuperManager should be listed in the Integrated Application preference section, even if it won't connect now - it did before, right?  QuickBooks will not delete an integrated application on it's own, even if it won't connect.

A few things of interest for everyone:

1)  QB's 2006 is now up to R8P - it includes a patch for IE 7.  Originally 2006 was not compatible with IE7 and there will probably be another patch to make it more stable.  Intuit has released patches for QB's 2007 (up to R3P now) to address various issues with IE7 and there will be future updates for that an a manual patch for 2006 and 'possibly' 2005, but don't count on 05.  Anything before 05 will not work with IE7.

2)  Only QB's 2007 is confirmed to work with Vista - while some have had success using 2006 it will probably stop working as Vista releases updates.  Intuit has no plans on making any older versions Vista compliant - only the 2007 version.

3)  There have been numerous reports of registry files becoming corrupted if IE7 and/or Vista is present; so possibly by uninstalling your QB's and reinstalling it the problem might get fixed.

I have two different versions of SM (1.1.2.8 and 1.1.3.4) on two different computers, XP Pro, QB's 99 forward to 07.  One computer has IE6 and one computer has IE7.  So far I only ran into one problem on the computer with IE7 and had to reinstall the redist. file and update the 07 version to the latest RP3 release and the problem was solved.  I do not have any computers with Vista at the moment.

Possibly doing a system restore would work if you have all the updates already.  The other thing to try would be to uninstall QB's, reboot, reinstall QB's, reboot, try it without getting the updates from QB's first - see if that works.  If not, get the latest updates to bring you up to RP8. 

In 2007 there was a bug in R1, so Intuit released R2, which broke something else pretty major, hence the new R3 release a few days ago.

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

Just curious if you guys got this working or found the issue?

Thanks!
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

jlaperch

uninstalled all and install all...now all i get when i do xml report is this error

error connecting to quickbooks 0x80040308  Cannot create qbxmlrp2 com component

so bummed...this was the ultimate find for me...and now i can't get it to work

qbsrox

You are on QB's 2007, correct?  Press F2 and see if you have the updates to R3P.

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

jlaperch

qbsrox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

Mike Griggs

Hey John,
It seems they are up to R8.
Can you try and update to R8 and see if that works?

You could also send us your company file and we could do a test on it.  If you are able to please us www.sendthisfile.com to send it securely.

Did you try the connection with XP to see if it works there?

Thanks!
Mike

jlaperch